Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone instal one of these kits and can share some experience?
http://www.innovativewiring.com/ChevyProductPage2/ChevyCarsPage2/Fanrelaykitpage_1.htm
I emailed Gary already so I am also waiting for his response.

I installed everything successfully but started to have issues when removing the factory harness.
b/c at this point his instructions have no pictures I AM STUCK.. LOL

my ? is does the factory harness and the the wire that goes to the overflow tank sender have to be removed for this kit to work? if so I may need to get a clarification before I start removing wires that I don't necessarily have to.

***I started the car w/ out it and NO fans are turning on, and also looks like my temp. gause is not even moving after having the car on for 5-10 minutes.***
my impression of this kit is that the fans would be on constantly. Is this correct?

any advise would help.

thanx in advance.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
This kit was designed to keep the stock relays and harness from burning by replacing it. mine would burn almost everyday with this kit I never had to worry about it again. if you did everything in the instructions how you were sopposed you you shouldn't have a problem. And I don't remember messing with the tank sensor the stock fan harness does come off or else how can you plug the new one in. The new harness even has a ground that goes where there is a chassis ground on the fender where the battery is.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx -
Yeah, everything installed well, Gary also reply saying that It was optional to remove the stock harness completely. That the kit works w/ out a complete removal.

My issue now is that the fans don't come on.
Oh well, looks like I have another issue to take care of.

thanx again

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Just make sure u connected all the wires in the fuse box correctly. Its something simple.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
383 -
I unplug the connector on the temp sender sensor and both fans turned on ok.
This assures me that my wiring was correct.

I have always had this issue and a few people that looked into it for me never figuered it out. Some said electrical, others said PCM. Both motors work. Somehow they are just not receiving the signal.

My ? is since we have the vegas show coming up, can I run the SS with-out the connector to the water pump? I know I will get a cell, but what other risky issues is there?

thanx again bud -

·
Registered
8,686 Posts
FWIW I did the innovativewiring.com fan relay kit a few years ago. it is different than the one in the pic by the OP but does move both relays outside the factory fuse/relay box. Instructions were detailed and it works fine

mine mounts in front of radiator..

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts