Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking into upgrading the front upper and lower control arms on my 96 Fleetwood with a set of Impala Tubular Control Arms from Speed Tech Performance. Will the new control arms fit my Fleetwood?

I am also considering the full Stage 3 Front Suspension Package which would include a set of QA1 shocks along with the accompanying adjustable coil over springs which come to rest on the shocks. I am not sure I am comfortable the idea of the entire weight of the car resting on the single spot where the control arm meets the shock. What is everyone else’s opinion on this?

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I went with the UMI control arms for the Impala SS, they fit perfect and are an excellent product.

As for suspension, just get some Bilstein shocks and your choice of spring. I have Impala SS springs in the front with Bilstein sport shocks. In the rear I have 9C1 heavy duty springs with Bilstein HD shocks. It is a nice combo IMO.

Goodluck!

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If they were made for a b-body then they will fit. I feel the same way you do about the coil overs. A guy at work put coilovers on his camaro. He used the lower arms from global west. Those arms looked serious. That coil over wasnt going anywhere...

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
get the speed techs, looks like the way to go. I'm gettin ready to order a set for the civi.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts