Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys i know yall can help me out.....im trying to a major tune up on my 95 caprice with lt1 but not sure what all i need to replace for a everyday car but good performance and i already got k&n CAI FIPK with air foil in throttle body and 160 stat and on the way i have MSD plug wires and NGK TR55 so what am i lacking because when im in there i want to do everything at once

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
is this a duplicate thread??

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SEQK...yea i posted here 1st because i have a caprice and forgot about the engine maint section so when i seen that i knew i woud get responses there also....sorry if thats a problem just need answers quick because want to see what all i can do in my budget and have all parts because i dont buy local i always buy off here or ebay because everything is over priced here

DiGGM95....far as this opti spark im guessing thats the same as the distributor on the older small block chevy motor and im pretty much just changing the cap?....but yes my dash has 246k so im sure im due for anything that i havent dont in the yr of me owning this car

·
Registered
731 Posts
The opti is a whole different ballgame compared to traditional SBC ignition. Its on the front of the engine, and the WP and balancer (just it, not the hub) must come off to get to it. If you are going to do it, alot of people go ahead and get a new WP since its off anyways, and also dont forget the front cover seals. If they start leaking (which they usually do after new opti and WP), you will have oil leaks back there that will kill the new opti. With those kind of miles, id go ahead and get a whole new oem opti and its vent harness assembly (around $275 w/vent harness from thepartsladi on ebay), for prevenative maintanince.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
can someone combine this to the other (identical thread by the OP) going on. it will be alot easier for us to help ya out:D and you wont have to jump back and forth unnecessarily

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.