Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently working on a no start issue but am having some trouble with Tuner Pro I need to sort out first.

95 LT1 using the EEX ADF definition and the EE_Nightdash ADX file I got from someone's recommendation on here.

Issue 1 - The check engine light is on. I cannot view any trouble codes with this combination of definitions in Tuner Pro. I mean I have a data list view with all the possible trouble codes but they all just produce blanks.

Recommendations of other ADX files or ADF definitions I should be trying?

Issue 2 - ECT Sensor says 59 Degrees when it should show 10. Verified with Ohm Meter across the sensor and got 10 degrees worth of resistance. I've read that some EE files have issues with showing temperature. Also installed this new motor 1200 miles ago and have a good 180deg t-stat, fresh radiator, and Mezeire pump. It says that I run around 230 degrees. Dash board shows what looks like it should roughly be 180-ish.

So is Tuner Pro reporting 50 degrees high constantly?

Thanks for any and all help you can give me.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Are you using tuner pro, tunerpro RT or tunerpro RT v5? I have all 3. What kind of cable are you using to scan with? I have versions of ADX files that don't have fancy gauges but get good data.

You should be going to the acquisition tab and loading the datastream definition, then commanding start scan. Key on engine off to begin with

Chris

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RT V5. I tried using the EE_Manual ADX that alot of people seem to start with as well and still don't get any Troublecodes.

The cable is an early model from PCM Performance. USB FDTL (?) drivers. Always shows up as com 4.

I also realized I should have added I have to turn the data stream on and off a few times before I get a good 8-9hz datastream.

-Brian

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I dug up an old version of Datamaster unplugged the ECT and confirmed it was setting a code. The other code was 24 VSS Signal. It's intermittent and likely because the connector is crumbling apart. The starting issue appears to be because it was very likely too cold out.

I am however still interested in figuring out why TP V5 is 50 degrees high and doesn't seem to show any engine codes.

-Brian

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
So I dug up an old version of Datamaster unplugged the ECT and confirmed it was setting a code. The other code was 24 VSS Signal. It's intermittent and likely because the connector is crumbling apart. The starting issue appears to be because it was very likely too cold out.

I am however still interested in figuring out why TP V5 is 50 degrees high and doesn't seem to show any engine codes.

-Brian
Did you receive any other codes other than the generated ECT one? Make sure the IAT and ECT are withing a few degrees of each other. Unless the new engine needs some calibration changes it should have started. Remember things like fuel pressure and secondary ignition components aren't monitored by the ecm. Are you seeing rpm? milliseconds of fuel delivery?

Chris

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just the intermittent VSS Code 24. ICT and ECT Match in Datamaster but are 50 Deg apart in Tuner Pro.

I no longer have the no start issue. I believe the XFI 280 cam just didn't like to be below zero. I was visiting family in WI.

-Brian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.