Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seeking some tuning pointers for running E85 from those who have done this successfully. I am pretty sure there is at least one member running ethanol that I would like ask a few questions if anyone can help me out. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Very roughly put, E85 fueling needs to be increased by 30 percent. Very rough method is to add 10 degrees to iat spark advance vs temp table and reduce injector constant 30 percent. and save as "E85start.bin" or whatever you want. Like i said, very rough, and i will be doing a full tune for E85 later this spring when the temperature comes back up some. I think it can excede the economy of gasoline if tuned properly, and make more power. There is a user Hussker on here who has way more experience in this area. PM him

·
Registered
964 Posts
Since there are multiple ways to skin the cat, let me just start by saying that the easiest (read: fastest) way for me turned out to be cranking up the fuel pressure to 55 psi and then fiddling with the injector constant until the fuel trims came in line. This was after a long and thoughtful edit of the stoich tables that seemed to do no good. No idea why, but here is some reading that can't hurt:
http://www.monodax.com/forums/tunercat-files/1849-need-94-lt1-e85-tune.html

I never really finished the tune because I started chasing a dead miss and was mucking with exhaust, ignition, wiring, etc. I did at least manage to get it running well enough to start quickly and drive around around both in MAF and SD mode. I also quickly determined that the stock injectors could not keep up, even when run at 55 psi.

Now, I am mucking with getting the Siemens 63# injectors running just right...it never ends :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts