Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm adding a factory cruise to my 94 9c1, and i need to know how to get the turn signal/wiper/cruise stalk out of the column. i've used the search, but no such luck. anybody have an answer? i'm pulling the steering wheel anyway, so i figure i'd do this while i have it off.
thanks in advance.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Grasp it firmly and pull straight out, toward the drivers door. When its out you can see how it has a keyway to position it back. If it is a stalk with cruise then you need to pop the plastic cover off that is on the backside and unhook the cruise wiring first.

Chad

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you're adding cruise to a car that doesn't have it you can fish a wire alongside the existing wiring to get it down to the bottom of the column. Feed from the steering wheel end toward the bottom, cut off the wire and attach the stalk cruise wiring onto the wire. You need to keep the pulling wire to stalk wiring connection small so it will pull through the column easier. Also, if you remove the cover at the base of the column and the metal plate you can see where the wiring for the turn signal and wiper switch come out of the upper end of the column. I know on some other GM cars there is a plastic sleeve the wires are protected in, the pulling wire should be seen coming out of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts