Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've noticed that the turn signal stalk assembly on this 94 Fleetwood is pretty much the same one as on an 80s Cavalier I unfortunately used to have knowledge of. It's crunchy, flexy, vague and really doesn't befit a big car.

Is there any way to upgrade this turn signal stalk mechanism or retrofit the car with another mechanism from a later/different car?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
It is a saginaw

These columns go back to the 70's and can be found on AMC and Chrysler products. They mostly use the same two switches. One has cornering lights one does not. They do wear out.

My personal experience is that a new quality switch will make a click you can feel when you push it all the way. You will feel a click when the canceling cam pushes it off after a turn. I would not call the feel
crunchy, flexy, vague

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The switch does click, but it takes effort and it's not really precise in how it works. Yeah, I know it's a Saginaw column - but you'd think someone would have come out with a better feeling switch for the thing in all those years.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Yeah, definitely agree with 700. Every GM i've owned has/had that 'crunchy' non smooth travel until it clicks. Like it might just needs a better grease for plastic on plastic movement. It's more like a chatter than a glide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts