Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am having issues with my 96 ss turn signals not working the hazards work but when i switch to left and right nothing happens but the corner lights come on solid no flash also the left and right signal indicators dont show on the dash either. i have replaced the fuse (wasnt broken) and flasher relay underneath the dash still nothing not even clicks can anyone help me thanks

·
Registered
11,051 Posts
Check all of your bulbs. If one is burned out, the flasher will not work. If all of your bulbs are good, also check your wiring, sockets, and connectors. The sockets for the turn signal bulbs have a history of the side contact corroding and breaking.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Same thing is happening to my '91 caprice classic... bulbs are all good though. I haven't checked anything in terms of the flasher. Hazards still work fine too, and I know they use the same bulbs.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
I had the same issue in my 94 roadmaster. I noticed the old bulbs (I was lucky enough to have some old but unused) would work, the new ones didn't. The contact post went down further on the old bulbs...

No doubt the socket is partially to blame, but quality even of bulbs is not what it used to be. IMHO...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts