Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now, I have my tweeters in the corners of the door where the sideviews match up.

Is there a better place?

I was personally wanting to put them in the b-pillar next to the seats....

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
if you put a tweeter on the B-pillar, im going to kick your ass.

you want the tweeters as far away from you, and in front of you to the left and right as possible, but as close to the center of your midbass driver as you can get it.

a tweeter is a very important part of a component set. it produces frequencies that the midbass driver can not.... BUT.. it is just that, a PART of the set. if you move it too far away from the midbass driver, then you are hearing the lower frequencies (like the voices) at a different time, and from a different location than your higher frequencies, thus causing a total loss of a decent sound stage.

just pony up the dough, and have someone build you either a badass set of kickpanels, or enclosures in your doors.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Cracka Ass Crackuh:
I was personally wanting to put them in the b-pillar next to the seats....
Pimps right... Dont do that ish! I have some there yes indeed but only because I wanted extra highs at the time. I was later told by a very good installer that even if I put 1000$ componets in my front doors I would never hear them because of the tweeter being so close to my ear. :eek:

The hole is cut already so im either gonna just disconnect them or have them wrapped in suede to hide the hole.

Lastly, the drive from Atlanta to Dallas was hard on both me and Davids ears. Unless you just want some extra loud ish "DON'T DO IT!"

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I had a shop do this too, back in the day. I only heard my tweeter and bass from 2 15"s.
Im having those wood adapters made to fit a 6.5" and tweeter in my door. Should sound great. (I hope)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by k gee™:
Yea I had a shop do this too, back in the day. I only heard my tweeter and bass from 2 15"s.
Im having those wood adapters made to fit a 6.5" and tweeter in my door. Should sound great. (I hope)
they will ;)

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
k, good to know. So I guess where they are right now is good enough until I can drop them to the lower part of the door?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
put them in the a or b piller if you like loud harsh off axis highs ruining your hearing... Jason's right, either have them imaged correctly or just leave them where they are at, if it was me I would put them where jason did his, but then again I don't use tweeters, and I am really picky, but basically listen to the pimp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts