Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the headlamp automatic control ambient light sensor they want to sell? This is the sensor located under the dash defrost vent on the top of the dash. That is the GM technical name per the FSM, i'm sure others call it the twilight sentenal sensor. Anyhow, I removed my dash cover today and forgot to disconnect it and once I heard a noise and then noticed what happened it was too late and the sensor is nowhere to be found now.

If anyone has the sensor how much shipped to 94566? I would rather buy a new sensor but I can't locate it anywhere other than the dealer at $55 and that's not going to happen.

·
Registered
11,217 Posts
If you had it laying by itself, and you heard a noise, it is probably in your AC plenum. They usually fall out the bottom when the heater door is open. If it was still attached to the wiring, it may be dangling inside, or along the side of the opening. Do you have the connector visible? If the connector is not visible, you are going to go fishing for it as well. I probably have one of the sensors laying around, but will have to look for it. Look for a translucent blue part. Check your vent for the sensor mount. Sometimes they pull off as well.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes Fred, the connector is visible and the sensor isn't attached to it. My first thought was that it's now inside the defrost duct work and you just can't access that easily. I'll have to try turning the heater on to see if it does fall out the bottom. Can't get outside for a couple hours but if you don't mind see if you have one and what you want for it shipped to 94566.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
gimme me a couple days but i *think* i have one stored up. ill let you know

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found my sensor this afternoon, must have rattled it's way through my dash on the way to work this morning. For anyone's future reference or search the GM part number is 10067986 and it is a discontinued item but maybe a cross reference to an aftermarket brand would be possible if someone needs the sensor.

·
Registered
11,217 Posts
Glad to hear that you found it. Sort of went the way I said, I did find the one in my parts bin today, and this would have been my reply.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Send me a pic of it I just dismantled a 95 ss if it was on that one I have it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts