Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

· Registered
1,178 Posts
Pulled from JY. Check with Fred here on the forum as he maybe able to come up with what you need if you don't have a source.

· Registered
61 Posts
speedometer goes blank when i turn on the headlights only

hey sorry its kinda off subject but, please anybodys answers will help

i have a 95 impala ss and my digital gauges go blank as soon as i turn on my head lights, but they light back up when the headlights are off,

i dont know what to look for i replaced the headlight switch and that didnt do anythang lol fml

· Registered
24 Posts
hey sorry its kinda off subject but, please anybodys answers will help

i have a 95 impala ss and my digital gauges go blank as soon as i turn on my head lights, but they light back up when the headlights are off,

i dont know what to look for i replaced the headlight switch and that didnt do anythang lol fml

When did this problem start? Did you check your fuses yet? Also there is a button thats located on the lower right hand side of your radio. It controls your digital gauge, if that switch is messed up it can cause some funky things to happen to your gauge. And you should check your twilight sentinel module. That can also cause some funny things to happen. I found that the easiest way to check your twilight sentinel is to unplug it and see what happens (well after I found the D#@n thing, Thanks GoldSSWagon for that help lol). If it work fine then you know what the problem is.

· Registered
5 Posts
Perfect Fix

Had same problem and tried used controler...didn't fix problem. Took mine out and using magnifying glass found same exact breaks. Ten minutes later..back in my 95 Caprice and working Great. Thanks for your help.

· Registered
291 Posts
Thanks for the post it hasn't worked since I bought the car and it took less than an hour to do the repair

· Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for the information. Dash and rear lights were not coming on when using the Twilight Sentinel. They would all work from the knob. One little solder joint and "All Is Well". Merry Christmas to all!!

· Registered
290 Posts
saw this last night went out and took mine out and soldered the bad looking connections put everything back together and everything works now. :) one more thing off my checklist of things to fix...now i need to see whats wrong with my rear window defroster

· Registered
2,602 Posts
I got all of the parts from a j/y wagon but have a question regarding the T.S. switch wiring. I've read that some Caprices come with the plug already wired in and some don't, but I haven't read anything regarding the RM. Does anyone know if none/some/all of them came with the plug?

· Registered
11,650 Posts
The only way you can find out is to pull the passenger's side kick panel off, and look. I would give it a good chance of being there on an RM.

· Registered
2,602 Posts
The only way you can find out is to pull the passenger's side kick panel off, and look. I would give it a good chance of being there on an RM.

I'm talking about the grey one that plugs into the Twilight switch/Dial. GoldSSWagon shows how to wire it up if it doesn't exist already but no one has mentioned the RM/RMW. I have to go buy wire if it's not there but if I should have it I don't want to waste time/money going to get more supplies. Not a big deal but I'm just curious if these same findings apply to the Buicks. Going to tear the car apart anyway, just wanted to be prepared.

· Registered
2,602 Posts
Ok so no plug so I followed the directions and wired up the green, purple, two black and orange wires to the correct pins as shown. Plugged the orange wire into the headlight switch. Tried it out and the T/S works as it should but the headlight chime goes off until the lights shut off. Also, if I turn off the T/S and pull the headlight switch only the park lights come on. Now the headlights will only work with the T/S switch. What did I screw up?:(

41 - 60 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.