Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently my dash lights have started to go out intermittently. They work fine when you turn the lightswitch on but if you rely on the twilight sentinel it used to work sometimes but not it is almost always inop. The twilight still works the headlights fine.

Any ideas where to start checking?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Just recently my dash lights have started to go out intermittently. They work fine when you turn the lightswitch on but if you rely on the twilight sentinel it used to work sometimes but not it is almost always inop. The twilight still works the headlights fine.

Any ideas where to start checking?
Most likely it is your T/S. I had the same problem, as have dozens of others, and switched to another T/S that worked well for a few days and then stopped. Got a new one from another forum member and it's been working perfectly ever since.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I know! Dog on lazy typers..lol What the heck is a t/s? lol

We need to come up with some sort of a legend for deciphering on this site.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
T/S = twilight sentinel.

I thought it was pretty clear because it was in your first post. My fault.

It's a little white box in the passenger side kickpanel that has two connectors connecting to it. It slides off of the wall in the passenger kickpanel and you can plug and play another one.

There are pictures somewhere on the forum but I hope they didn't get lost in the crash

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
T/S = twilight sentinel.

I thought it was pretty clear because it was in your first post. My fault.
I knew what you were talking about. I never would have thought it to be on the passenger side. I was about ready to tear open the switch panel to look for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.