Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, was out this weekend and someone was try to get into my trunk... They made a big hole in the trunk lock and messed with it through the license plate lamp... They took off the hook that runs from the latch to the lock cylinder and the spring.. I recently took the engine out so car has no power, and I cannot find my spare keys anywhere in the house! I was going to try to take the latch out from the inside but won't be able too.. So my question is....

How do I open the trunk once I remove the lock cylinder if the the lock cylinder is not attached to the latch that pops open the trunk?

PS I already ordered a new lock cylinder just waiting on it to remove the rivets from the bottom. Thanks for your help guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
Could you temporarily hook up the battery and use the trunk pop button in the glovebox?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I removed the engine I took out the complete engine harness and put it where... In the TRUNK... Haha.. I believe the I would not be able too.

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
When I removed the engine I took out the complete engine harness and put it where... In the TRUNK... Haha.. I believe the I would not be able too.
You could just apply 12v and ground to the circuit at the switch button to trigger the trunk solenoid. Just run some jumper wires from your battery if you don't have a 12v source or charger.

Edit - be sure to connect your ground wire from the source to a good Chassis Ground (metal) on the car and the 12v is used at the switch.

Schematic for the Trunk Solenoid.....

http://www.goldsswagon.com/diagrams/impala_trunk_wo_keyless.pdf

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, I am learning as I go, by the switch button trigger you mean the one that is inside of the glovebox correct. I will try that as soon as I gain access to the inside of the car. I will wait till Thursday to remove the rivets as I have probably half of the engine accessories in the trunk and don't want to leave it open. By the way thank you very much for your help.

·
Registered
7,959 Posts
4DoorSS's suggestion is pretty straightforward. And don't feel bad, you're the second guy in a month here who either does not have or can't find spare keys.

1. You can use a body shop dent air balloon between door and frame to increase working room to unlock the door.
2.It sounds like your car is in the open and someone knows even though not running that there was still valuable material being stored in it.
3.Once you get access to the trunk an alternate to restoring everything back to original with key access is to just get the popper mechanism is perfect order and cover the hole with a trim escutcheon. I did that for a Cady for the last 8 years I had it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys

SWEET I was able to open my trunk by using the rivets I was real close to buying that Air Bag tool to open the doors but I was able to find my keys. Point is I was able to access my trunk WOO. Here is a pic of the items inside haha. Thank you 4DoorSS and 96 Black

Attachments

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
I was able to access my trunk WOO. Here is a pic of the items inside haha.
I see the problem now....Those parts belong at the other end of your car, not in the trunk. >:)

·
Registered
7,959 Posts
2.It sounds like your car is in the open and someone knows even though not running that there was still valuable material being stored in it.
I was right. Good thing they didn't get in there. You coulda' kissed that homeplate goodbye!

Seriously, good to hear you're right with the universe again.

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
I see the problem now....Those parts belong at the other end of your car, not in the trunk. >:)
Maybe this was going to be another unique build we stumbled on.:surprise: Rear engine B body. Bringing back the 1/4 wheel stand drag. Remember Little Red Wagon?:crying:
Mark: Snowman-33

1 - 10 of 10 Posts