Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so about a three weeks ago the 95 SS took a dump on me. I was driving home from a game, when all of the sudden it seemed as though when I hit the gas, the engine didn't rev, but stayed at the speed that I was cruising at. From there it just died on me. I couldn't get it to start back up, and ended up pushing it into a parking lot, by myself -_- Came back the next day, and it started right up and ran fine, until I got about halfway home (3-4 miles from where it broke down) and it did the same thing. Finally got it home. Now, for some reason my battery won't hold a charge, and every time I jump it and start the car, it runs fine for about 5-10 minutes, then it will slowly start to get choppy, and finally die. Even after jumping and running it for 15 minutes, the battery is immediatly dead after it shuts off. It get plenty of fuel to the rail, spark wires and plugs seem fine. I just can't figure it out? Anybody have any suggestions or ideas? Really need to get it fixed asap I've been riding my Ninja to and from work (usually in the rain) for about 2 weeks now. Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Ryan

·
Registered
576 Posts
Sounds like either a bad battery [no life left, dead cell, etc...] or your alternator/voltage regulator is bad. You need a battery and a properly working charging system to run.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i guess ill have to have it tested.... Maybe I got a dud? I just replaced my alternator less than a year ago and the battery is a deep cell duralast that's only about 1 1/2 years old. Would this cause it to run rough and die constantly though? Oh and the gauge is basically always on the low line/ dead.... even after its jumped.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
My money is on the alternator being toast... But check all the cables/wiring for it too. Fully charge the battery and have it load tested also. Hope you still got warranties lol

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol alright i'll check that stuff out tomorrow. Thanks boys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts