Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,
I have reached out to Ryan and UMI in regards to offering the club a discount on parts. They have a great LCA kit and Drive Shaft Loops at an already great price, but will offer 20% off of orders over $100......Lets get this one started!!

Chris,
"I can offer 20% off but would like at least 10 orders of $100.00 more. As long as 10 orders hit a $100 people can purchase less expensive stuff. "

Much like the DMR GP I did, Ryan said once we get 10 to let him know and then he will give us a Discount Code and the time frame to order.

ORDERING DETAILS!!!! READ CAREFULLY!

When ordering the parts, in your cart enter the "Code" below and it will discount the parts. UMI uses a credit card company to process there orders (like most companies these days) and they do not see the credit card numbers at UMI. With that being said order your parts and your card will be charged immediately, however when Ryan at UMI sees us hit our $$$$ mark/10 orders is when items will be shipped.

The GP code will run from 4-10-13 until 4-24-13 (about 2 weeks)

Code is Impala2013 It is set up to work on all Impala items from 59-96

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4

Guys who have committed to purchase items.
1.) Chris96Coprice-Ordered Part# 361516 ($349.99)
2.) ScottLC-Interested in Part#361516 ($349.99), 3603 ($30.99) & 3625 ($79.99)
3.) BikeMike170-Ordered#3614 ($229.99) & 3624 ($209.99)
4.) Wytltng-Ordered Part# 361516 ($349.99), 3603 ($30.99) & 3008 ($14.95)
5.) log1k-Ordered in Part#3620 ($199.99)
6.) Jaymz-Ordered Part# (2) 3612 ($219.99) & (2) 3620 ($199.99)
7.) Limpimpg-Ordered Part# (2) 3664 ($59.99), 3666 ($49.99), (4) 3656 ($59.99)
8.) Ken Hennessy-Ordered Part#3626 ($279.99)
9.) BiG 96 DcM SS-Ordered Part# 361517 ($419.99) and 3603 ($30.99)
10.)

Under $100 Order Guys
1.) Bowtie9c1LT1-DS Loop-Ordered Part# 3625 (Black) ($79.99)
2.) Narc9c1- DS Loop-Ordered Part# 3625 (Black) ($79.99)
3.) Dilbert9c1-DS Loop-Ordered Part# 3625 (Black) ($79.99)

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
I'm in for rear arms and a loop and probably the hardware kit. Just hope they don't get in too big a hurry.

Note: They need to add FWB to that fitment list.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
DANG IT CHRIS!! At least I already have trailing arms, I will need the safety loop though, my track requires it. I take it I can get a discount on just that item if you get 10 orders of $100+

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How are these compared to others?
Or are they pretty much all the same?

Honestly, I have done a bunch of checking/research on these arms and I have even refurbed a set of Hotchkis and these are the same thing....the only difference is the greasert fitting is in set.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Im down,, I need the extened set as well, but i need some $$$$$$, so it might take me a minute...
I'm looking to get part#'s 3614 and 3624

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
OK chris....you gotta stop! Putting these GP's together and making us want to spend money. :D

Fortunately, I already have UMI's Rear Control arms and can pass on this one. I will say they are nice quality and fit my car well. Cant compare them to any others but have had no issues with these. they are much beefier than stock and the rear Sway bar bolts right up.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DANG IT CHRIS!! At least I already have trailing arms, I will need the safety loop though, my track requires it. I take it I can get a discount on just that item if you get 10 orders of $100+
Narc,
You know this was coming haha! Yes that is correct you can just get the DS loop once we have 10 committed or more!

I hope we can do it!

And 4doorSS, you know I have no response I need the Rear LCA kit for my car so I am ready for the road course at Nationals. And I know someone else will too.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Honestly, I have done a bunch of checking/research on these arms and I have even refurbed a set of Hotchkis and these are the same thing....the only difference is the greasert fitting is in set.

Ok. thanks. I guess I shouldn't have any issues then. I am just looking to upgrade from the stock stuff that has 300k on it. Will put my order in.

Put me down. Do I have to place order now or do I wait? Looking for upper & lower.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok. thanks. I guess I shouldn't have any issues then. I am just looking to upgrade from the stock stuff that has 300k on it. Will put my order in.

Put me down. Do I have to place order now or do I wait? Looking for upper & lower.
No need to order now, once we have 10 Ryan will issue a discount code for use to use during the checkout process.

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
I wanna know what happened to the sway bars we were promised a year or two ago.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I don't have the UMIs but I have heard great things about them. Even if you are not looking for a performance upgrade, get the arms to center that rear axle! To me, it changes the whole look of the car.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
I have had UMI's on my car for at least 4 years now, no issues.

Thanks Mike. I was just concerned about them being kinda cheaply made. My originals have 300K on them an its time to do something with them.
What bushing did you use in the rear diff for the uppers?

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Factory rubber bushings on the upper diff. I inspected the ones that I had and they weren't cracked or dryrotted, so I left them alone as they are a bastard to get out. Not bad if you have the 80-100 dollar tool,or you can make one. But a bear to do either way. I wanted to keep the rubber units there to give a little flex back there to limit any binding issues that may come about. As we know, most all poly bushing setups generally like to bind a bit at certain points of deflection or travel.
I am contemplating getting the extended arms for my car from them, as I never did originally. The units that I have from them are the boxed lowers, with the spherical rod end uppers, standard length.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Factory rubber bushings on the upper diff. I inspected the ones that I had and they weren't cracked or dryrotted, so I left them alone as they are a bastard to get out. Not bad if you have the 80-100 dollar tool,or you can make one. But a bear to do either way. I wanted to keep the rubber units there to give a little flex back there to limit any binding issues that may come about. As we know, most all poly bushing setups generally like to bind a bit at certain points of deflection or travel.
I am contemplating getting the extended arms for my car from them, as I never did originally. The units that I have from them are the boxed lowers, with the spherical rod end uppers, standard length.

Any suggestions on up-grade on the stock rear sway bar that will work good with these control arms?

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
I got the UMI Uppers and Lowers on my Caprice for a few years and they have been fine. I drive it on the street a lot and we dont have the best of roads either. No issues for me with the Poly bushings and I dont like Spherical ends on a street car. I have heard that spherical ends may not even pass state inspections but I'm not 100% certain on that. But I've heard sperical ends will wear and can be expensive to replace.

I just went with stock length since I didn't want to put a longer D/S in there and the Wheel opening doesn't bother me that much anyway with a stock tire/wheel. I had to pickup some Grade 10.5?? HW to mount my Stock sway bar to them. Long bolts that just go thru the openings in the lower arms. I then later traded someone for a Huge rear bar and it also fit. Dont know the brand of it, but it looks similar to other Large aftermarket rear bars I've seen.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have seen in multiple sources that all aftermarket sway bars mount with no problem with these arms.

I have the hollow set of Hotchkis in my garage right now but waiting until I order up the LCA kit

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
I am running a Herb Adams bar in the back on mine and no issues, I did put better hardware in for the sway bar mounting as well. I can't recall what size I had to go with, but I did bore the holes a bit to remove powder coating and a very very thin amount of material to get bigger hardware in for the sway bar mount.

I liked the standard length units being boxed from them, but it looks like the extended length units are tube style units.

There is always johnny joints or roto joints that they offer as well.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts