Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to clean up and throw out somethings under the hood.... Any one have and trick to offer as far as hiding and moving out .... What i cant throw out, only to keep what i cant live without..... Help ..... winter projects..

·
Registered
163 Posts
can you live without windshield wipers?:D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wiper fuild, i can do............ would like to do something to the antifrezze reservoir

·
Registered
890 Posts
get rid of your air pump system, get fuel rail covers to hide the injector wires and evap stuff on your intake manifold

·
Registered
624 Posts
wiper fuild, i can do............ would like to do something to the antifrezze reservoir
Paint it satin black with Krylon Fusion paint. It looks great IMHO and I couldn't see through my stock one anyway. You will see examples in the link mentioned above.

·
Registered
785 Posts
nash do you have any weird gurgling/bubbling noises since relocating the coolant can?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Well no, however i've had several forum members tell me it wont work. The only noises is the water comming in from the return lines (the two at the top) splashing in. So far its worked Great, the car gets up to temp fine, heater blows hot, temp stays put at an idle or on the interstate @80mph. We'll see what happens this summer when its 100 out. If it doesnt work, all i will have to do is fix it.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Rest assured that coolant tank is NOT allowing the cooling system to work correctly.

You can only fill the cooling system as high as the cap is, which in this case appears to be LOWER than the top of your radiator. Your radiator is lower than the top of the engine, which is why the tank was in the stock location in the first place. Lastly, that does not appear to have a pressure cap on it.

·
Registered
785 Posts
when im done installing the lt1 in my 94 im gonna do a 91-93 radiator with a steam tube(?) from a vette. one of my neighbors works at the Corvette Shop here in tampa and is gonna hook me up with the parts and says he is positive i can do this with no problems. he has been right about everything else that he has spoke on so we'll see.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts