1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
942 Posts
I installed cell phones in the 90s. The black cable looks like a cell antenna cable. A motorola cell phone connector is a 25 pin computer plug, other makers used different plugs. Does your trunk sticker list a cell harness option?
The pictures are not helping. Two square feet of the floor pan make it hard to see a two inch object. Please get a close up of the connectors to help the ID.

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Considered that earlier, but the shots were as much for context location as anything. Glad to reshoot.

I 1/2 recalled manufacturers back then would be glad to sell you a mobile phone as an option - even before OnStar. I do NOT recall seeing the option in the sales brochures, but you see this one appears never to have been used. What made me think of a phone initially was the back harness is close enough to the area where they mounted the transceiver in the trunk when I had an original transportable Panasonic stuck in my co. car way back when.

Attachments

·
Registered
942 Posts
2-way radio connector with a metri-pack connector pretty much equal factory cell package.

I find it weird that with so many people in the forum I see so few posts from people that work at dealerships.

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for adding a vote to my suspicions. Seems not much call to retrieve it before throwing the carpet back over it eh.

And as far as sparse posters?
-nice weather
-comparatively fewer FW owners where that option would have been included in the stock harness
-fellas gravitating/assimilating over to the newest shiny object = Facebook

·
Registered
942 Posts
I was looking up brake RPO codes and found:

UV8 Telephone cellular provisions (req compatible Delco telephone)
94 Caprice order guide
95 9C1 order guide
So factory wiring with dealer telephone install ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts