Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The last pics I posted of my car looked like this.

Since this day a few things have been modified.

The side molding chrome was yellowed. The car has been repainted at some point so I didn't want to remove it fearing that there was no new paint underneath. So the chrome was painted black.

I also scored a few items for the front end. Always looking to stand out from the crowd, I had a desire for an uncommon grill. Many people told me to go with an Impala grill. Well, everyone puts Impala grills on a Caprice.

I am going to have the grill emblem location filled in and have it painted gloss black.

What do you guys think of my car's new look?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
oddly enough, i like the OCC grill. Are you going to paint the chrome trim on the bumpers black also?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I don't plan on it. i like the subtle chrome on the bumpers. I think it goes good with the grill and the chrome on the back bumper goes with the trunk strip and 92 tails.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Sweet beamer man!!!

·
Registered
826 Posts
I wonder what it would look like painting the center black like you are planning polus painting the center fins of the chrome black as well leaving the edges chrome. Like the look just not with those headlights. I'm sure they are awesome headlights, but they just don't look right to me.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am just going to paint the center black leave the chrome alone. If I paint the inside of the chrome black it will look TOO MUCH like a BMW. It looks like one as it is LOL.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, I would like to find a good custom cruiser front bumper for it too.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I think that grill with the chrome painted black would look really nice on a white car

·
Registered
347 Posts
i like it. way to stand out, and it does look kinda like a BMW :D

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
Yep, I like that a lot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts