Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
look closer at the rear end in the pic out of the car. at the brake area.

pulled out 2.19 open drum brake rear and put in 3.08 posi disc brake rear from a 23k mile 96 SS

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New springs or a different rear end? Looks good. My white 94 with Monroe severe service shocks is sagging bad in the rear when sitting next to my 95 with the air shcoks. Im gonna try and see if i can get that air suspension hooked up again.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So what differences do you notice after the swap out?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nice, it just bolted rigth in, but now you have to change the master cylinder adn proportioning valve, for one of a9c1 or impala, and do the bolt mod, because nothing is going to change on the braking

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I miss my 79... :( Now why didn't I think of that when I had my car. Did you swap out the drive shaft too? I remember my 79 had a double jointed drive shaft...

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have an aluminum driveshaft now :D

all other stuff is being taken care of tuesday. no need for the 94-96 m/c and prop valve, 79-80 trans am WS6 4wh disc master cylinder is a direct bolt in for the caddy and i've got a direct replacement disc/disc combo valve.

front stuff being done this week:

impala springs to match rear
summit extreme performance drilled/slotted/plated rotors(they were on clearance for same price as stock)
tie rods, idler arm, center link
SS/9C1 quick ratio steering box
HA sway bar(SS bar in rear)
new calipers, pads, hoses

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good deal!!! Can't wait to see it when complete. Don't forget to post the pics...

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by patgizz:
i have an aluminum driveshaft now :D

all other stuff is being taken care of tuesday. no need for the 94-96 m/c and prop valve, 79-80 trans am WS6 4wh disc master cylinder is a direct bolt in for the caddy and i've got a direct replacement disc/disc combo valve.

front stuff being done this week:

impala springs to match rear
summit extreme performance drilled/slotted/plated rotors(they were on clearance for same price as stock)
tie rods, idler arm, center link
SS/9C1 quick ratio steering box
HA sway bar(SS bar in rear)
new calipers, pads, hoses
awesome you got all the bases cover. yes don't forget the pictures, and i do miss mine 1980 fleet, i should done that too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts