Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So says the ad on ebay.

Any one tried one of these yet? Or is it Bull?

You know what they say about something that sounds too good to be true!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Until independant verification of whether their optical sensor is indeed an improvement or not, can't say whether it's bs or not. The rest of the distributer is standard OEM or aftermarket fare. They are correct about the exact cause of why most EBay opti's fail:
http://www.impalasuperstore.com/naisso/Forum2009/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47010

If their OS is as advertised, it's a good price. If not, it's just another EBay opti waiting to misfire, throw a code and/or die.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
B.S.!!!!!
I would reference my posting about the all-ignition company on fleabay but since the forum crashed it is lost; but I do have the post from camaroz28.com:All-ignition opti...

In short, they are junk. When buying on ebay only purchase a genuine delphi opti from thepartsladi

I have purchased one from them and it has held up for 2 years strong.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Hmmn. Not saying it isn't bs, but what if they found out why the product they were selling was failing and upgraded the bad part to make good for future purchases? It's possible. I dunno. Again, need independant verification on their "improved" os.

·
Registered
56 Posts
"We have sold many of these poor quality distributors in the past and have first hand experience with the optical encoder in these distributors prematurely failing due to poor construction and quality."

I personally would never buy from a company that flat out says they have sold ****ty parts before. Ya never know what your gonna get until you get it when dealing with these. Even though it says it "exceeds the OEM AC Delco in Build and Quality." I still think you will get more value out of buying an OEM replacement from a reputable company.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Yep. Therein lies the success of partsladi. Her rebuilds use the genuine Mitsubishi optical sensor. If going the EBay route, I'd definitely thumbs up getting one from her. Or you can use your original os and rebuild w/ a new cap and rotor yourself. I'm not backing up what they're claiming. Hell, I bought one of their crappy replacements and it failed for the exact reason they stated. I should send them an email asking if they'd send me one of their "new, improved" sensors for the time and frustration alone they caused me. It did, in the end, at least teach me the real deal about the opti and various replacement components.

·
Registered
499 Posts
In defense of all-ignition: I talked to them a year ago and they had 3 levels of optispark: cheap knockoff (sensor had a wide variance....so you might have a good one that would last a long time, might not), inhouse brand (with the supposedly "better" sensor), and then they had an actual GM opti (though the price was a little more than partsladi). Anyway, they were very honest when I talked to them and would back their lifetime warranty on either of the house units (GM opti had GM warranty....1 year).

·
Registered
589 Posts
Probably because they are such a PITA to replace, and expen$ive, too when you do it. And just replacing the parts usually is just a band aid, not a real fix. The aftermarket, for the most part, hasn't been able to do much but provide replacements that don't usually last as long as OEM, although advertised as bigger and better, and at usually at higher price. So what's not to like?

So unless you just seem to get lucky, your only avenue for replacement is OEM, and I can imagine those being NLA before long.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.