Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took my brother's 96 caprice wagon with 132k km (83k mi) up to my place to give it a few upgrades. My brother is finishing up vet school so he's outrageously busy and doesn't have time to work on his car. I had a month off so I figured I'd give him a hand before I move.

Here's what I'm doing:

beehives
GMPP RR
new plugs
ACDelco wires
SLP headers
PCM tune
truetrac

pypes x-pipe and dynomax 17749

Here's what I've done so far:
wash, wax & rainX
Coolant flush (including heater core, restrictor and tee)
Motorvac
Power steering flush
brake fluid flush
Replaced all front window rollers
Moog 5030 (Cut .5 coil) front springs
Moog CC505 rear springs
bilsteins
Transgo.

I gave him a few parts I had lying around.

Here are the photos as he bought the car. Some of you may recall from before the crash that he bought it from a good looking 24 year old blonde girl.

After washing and waxing

Yeah, it has winter tires in the back. I wanted a pic with my house as I just sold the house.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Lookin good. Are those rear wheels alloys? I saw them in my caprice brochure but it doesnt mention anything about them.

·
Registered
94 Posts
You should shave the side trim moldings it will look great. P.s Wag.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The coilsprings and bilsteins (thanks chicagoareabmx) are done and my friend did the transgo. He ended up giving the trans a nice overhaul as every band in the trans was shot. There was no friction material whatsoever on any of them. We couldn't believe the car could shift. I tried to take pictures of them but they don't come out so well. No wonder that car had a horrible shudder shifting 3-4.

The stock manifolds are off and I noticed the dreaded broken manifold bolt on the rear pax side. No matter, the SLP headers don't use them :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.