Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im planning on doing a complete upgrade, Roters, Calips, lines. Any suggestions on what is the best but stil affordable? I'm prepared for the $1500 range but could go more if needed. Ive got an open style wheel so a bigger roter and red callipers are a must. any suggestions? Its mainly for show as i hardly drive the car.

Thanks guys

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Originally posted by Indipala§§:
[QB..and red callipers are a must. Its mainly for show as i hardly drive the car.[/QB]
R&R with standard brake parts. Paint stock calipers red.

I can't see the justification of a high end brake set up if you're not going to do some kind of regular motorsports with the car, like autocrossing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well.."spend some cash for some flash" is the motto..i realize powder coating is an easy cheap alternative but i'm not worried about money, i want trophys and hearing people say DAMN! never gets old, besides 22x9.5 inch wheels are a good enough reason for me to upgrade..i like being able to stop
so can someone help me??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by maximus:
......I can't see the justification of a high end brake set up if you're not going to do some kind of regular motorsports with the car, like autocrossing.
How about decreased stopping distance in emergency situations.......

I mean; just 10' of improved stopping from 60 MPH can be the difference between getting home OK.....or.....being in the hospital with a totaled B-body in the bone-yard

KW

[ 04-19-2007, 10:45 PM: Message edited by: KW Baraka ]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you want to make red calipers part of your plan, and upsize the brakes, here's another choice: KORE3 Big Brake Kit

Basic is 325mm (12.8") rotors, Z51 is 340mm (13.4"), and there is an option to go to 355mm (14") if you really want to fill up the wheels.

You can contact me directly for more info about doing something similar for the rear brakes with C5/C6 Corvette parts.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by KW Baraka:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by maximus:
Originally posted by Indipala§§:
[QB].......I can't see the justification of a high end brake set up if you're not going to do some kind of regular motorsports with the car, like autocrossing.
How about decreased stopping distance in emergency situations.......

I mean; just 10' of improved stopping from 60 MPH can be the difference between getting home OK.....or.....being in the hospital with a totaled B-body in the bone-yard

KW
</font>
Plus the fact he's running 22's, which carry more momentum and can easily benefit from the bigger brakes. It's not like these cars stop on a dime from the factory.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.