Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced all the upper and lower bushings on their 9C1 with a jack and jack stands?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tampa, yes you can do the job with jackstands. Do a search on bodybushings and there will be instructions and even correct part numbers for the bushings. for a great discount and correct shipment of parts call Dal @ 1 877 448-5451. He is pou GM parts guy who gives great discounts.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...yeah, I ordered all the upper and lower bushings and new bolts from Dal already.

I have the instructions from the SS handbook for the LOWER bushings. However, I have no idea how to proceed in order to remove and replace the UPPER bushings. I am hesitant to proceed with replacing the UPPERS until I hear from someone who has done this job from their garage floor with a jack and jack stands. I want to assume that loosening bolts 1-7 on one side and lifting the car by the floor pan would give enough seperation between the body and frame to access and replace the Uppers. But not knowing if this approach is safe and effective makes me hesitant to try it.

Anyone done this?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The trick for a safe install is that you will be completing each mount one at a time.Take one apart, install the new one, tighten and move to the next.It also ensures that they all stay aligned. BTW, The thin cushions can only be used at the mount at the far rear. Took me less than an hour, but rust wasn't a prpblem. YMMV

1 - 5 of 5 Posts