Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am soon to be making braces that go in between the the rear CA front bushing mounting points on the crossmember and frame. I know there is some interest out there. In a few weeks I will have a picture of them being im still in the design process. if you are interested please post your interest so I know how many to make. As soon as I make a few I will contact each of you with info and price. If you have ideas, needs, or questions let me know.
Thanks, Matt Bartley

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good question, Hotchkis says they use a high quality steel which I can only assume is 4140 chrome-moly. that is what I will be making these out of. It is an alloy steel that has different chemical composition and has better properties then regular steel. For all you guys who like to see what you’re buying I will have pictures in a week or two of the final product. They will be powder coated black if you want any other color it will cost a little extra (price not known yet). In a few weeks I will have more answers for you like price availability.

Thanks, Matt Bartley

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn this is what happens when you work all day. I forgot to mention that my design or constrution will be similar to the hothckis a/g body type braces. Sorry tired Matt Bartley

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FWIW, the frame braces from DMR mount to the frame attachment points of the rear UCA's and the rear LCA's. Triangulates the frame to reinforce it and keep the attachment points from flexing under load.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok just to let you guys know I will not be using 4140. In fact I cant get 4140 in the dimensions that are needed. Im still tring to find a reliable suppier so you will never be on a waiting list for you parts. As soon as I get Everything staightend out I will Notify you.
Thanks, Matt Bartley

1 - 7 of 7 Posts