Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I need the upper rubber retaining pads for a 1996 Impala radiator. I would also like to get the lower ones too. If anyone knows where they sell them new and a part number that would be great too. Let me know if you have some and how much shipped to 90035. I'll PayPal you right away. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
Doubt you'll find new ones anywhere. If it helps your search,I believe GM calls this part an "isolator"... Salvage yards,and/or folks parting these cars out are likely the best way to go at this point. Check out the Impala/Caprice groups on facebook too. Good Luck...

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you sir. Hopefully I find some here.

·
Registered
7,825 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
Nope...

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's it. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
The first ones listed definitely are not correct and the second ones don't appear correct either. Like was said searching the junkyards or people parting an Impala will get you the correct part.

·
Registered
10,906 Posts
At $29 each the second ones are a little pricy. They do not look like the correct ones either. They look like the ones for the condenser core, but the condenser core parts do not have the fastener barb.

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
I too thought $29 was high. It's a supply and demand thing you know. However the picture shows two insulators and I would hope that's how they come. A phone call or email should confirm this. Since I have a 93 I really don't know what type the LT1 cars use. Death did say that these are the ones he was looking for though. I like to run the yards too but some people prefer that it be a brand new product and that's their prerogative. Anyway I hope Death finds what he's looking for. Just trying to help.

Mark: Snowman-33

·
Registered
10,906 Posts
The 91-93 isolators are different than the 94-96 parts. If I get to the yard next week, I will pick them or him.

·
Registered
7,825 Posts

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey guys thanks for all the responses. I was at the junkyard today and got some. The ones listed on street tends do look different. Btw I bought a new raiss intake for dm recently and Rachel and street trends was awesome. They gave me a sweet deal and today Rachel called and emailed to help try and locate the isolaters. I'm glad to see we still have a good community here. This place has looked dead recently. Thanks again everyone.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
A few years ago I bought them from a dealership in Texas that my local dealership found when doing a Parts search for the isolaters. They did have a few more at the time and I believe other dealerships had them. Texas was just the closest one to Calif. so I bought them there

The part #'s are:

Upper-10246557 List $4.09. I paid $3.63
Lower-10207101 List $4.19 I paid $3.72

The dealership charged $5 to ship them.

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
I'll look at mine again (someday) because I could have sworn the upper,and lower isolator were the same part...

·
Registered
7,825 Posts
....I'm glad to see we still have a good community here. This place has looked dead recently. Thanks again everyone.
Glad you're sorted out. The community's doing fine, less perhaps attrition due to some fellas moving on to newer design toys, plus the gradually expiring aging early adopters who bought these tubs new. I'll agree with you Misk is nearly deceased as it sounds like much of that crowd moved off to a different forum. Be patient. After the holidays and a few months of crap weather everyone gets cranky and agitated with Spring Fever and things pick up again.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Here's a pic of the lowers.

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1481479097.498392.jpg
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1481479124.492186.jpg

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
I got a Roadmaster Top bracket/cover that appears to have one of each styles installed.
They appear identical except for the one "leg" being longer..
Ironically, the lower cushions/isolators appear as the Impala uppers.
So,it appears they can be used interchangeably on the bottom location.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts