Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I'm helping a local guy with his car. He has a 94 impala and the harness is less than stellar. He bought a 95 harness and it doesn't work.

What is the best option for fixing this. I'm pretty good with electrical and schematics.

Can I use the connectors off of the 95 to repair the existing 94 harness?

What is the best approach?

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Guys,

I'm helping a local guy with his car. He has a 94 impala and the harness is less than stellar. He bought a 95 harness and it doesn't work.

What is the best option for fixing this. I'm pretty good with electrical and schematics.

Can I use the connectors off of the 95 to repair the existing 94 harness?

What is the best approach?

Thanks,
Chris
Interesting that the 94 and 95 are different. Thought the odb1 were the same, guess not.

If the majority of the harness is junk, then total replacement may be the best option. If you are just talking a few connectors, then I see no reason why you couldn't inline splice/solder new pigtails on from the other harness.

But to do that trashes a perfectly good harness. A better option would be to buy the pigtails you need and splice them in. If you google it, you will find companies that make GM pigtails for just about any circuit.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The pinout for the firewall connect is totally different. The abs module is under the dash. It is totally different and will not work out of the box

1 - 3 of 3 Posts