Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be ordering a RAISS and I'm planning to use the Corvette intake boot versus the plumbing adapter. Only issue is that the Corvette intake boot is designed for a 3.5" MAF end instead of the stock 3.25" MAF end. How bad am I going to screw up the MAF measurements if I *ONLY* use the F-Body 3.5" MAF end on the "downwind" (or intake) side of the stock MAF and keep the 3.25" stock MAF end on the "upwind" (or filter) side?

Seems to me that as long as I'm using the B-Body MAF and the stock 3.25" end on the "upwind" side it should take fairly accurate measurments. What's your opinion?

Keep in mind that I already have obtained a cheap set of F-Body MAF ends and really don't want to have to go out and purchase a complete F-Body MAF.

Robert

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I can't answer your MAF question, but I too bought the corvette boot, although on my car I'm going to use a "street-L" and take it back to the corner.

What i wanted to say was that the hardware store also sells bushings that are meant to add a half size to the pipe. You can probably get a rubber bushing with a 3" ID and a 3.5" OD.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you sure there's a difference in the MAF's flange size? I was under the impression that the only difference was the inside diameter. I used my old intake elbow off my Camaro (which slips over the MAF on f-bodies)on my Impala and it fit perfect onto the intake without problems. I've also never heard of anybody having problems when installing the 1LE elbow.

-Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have the MAF ends in front of me but I'm pretty sure the outside diameters are different between the F-Body and B-Body MAF ends.

Robert

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The f-body MAF flange is definitely larger than the b-body. The wall thicknesses are similar. I recently got a f-body unit used, and pulled out my stocker while it was out. IIRC, the f-body was 1/2" larger. I know the f-body is 3.5", and I think the b-body is 3", but am not 100% sure.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Greenbay:
The f-body MAF flange is definitely larger than the b-body. The wall thicknesses are similar. I recently got a f-body unit used, and pulled out my stocker while it was out. IIRC, the f-body was 1/2" larger. I know the f-body is 3.5", and I think the b-body is 3", but am not 100% sure.
Correct. You will need to get it programm if you have it ported and removed the screen. It really screwed my performance up when I switched the ends with the body sensor and didnt get it programmed in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.