Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I found this parts car today, with 51k original miles super nice and clean DCM color exterior and the dark red interior. Hit something in the front, both air bags blown and bit frame damage.
Looks like it has the V4P option and the 342 factory gears. I grabbed a few things since I has so low mileage, but the owner wants the engine and trans for another project and then get rid of the rest of the car.
Anything else special about the V4P option on these Fleetwoods.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
This captures a lot of the features and differences:

Making a V4P car

Interesting upticks in the suspension of course. And those gears make that rear real attractive as a total swap - especially at those miles.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
It's been a week, I know, but did you happen to score the V4P's pcm?

The 3.42 rear is the most obvious improvement; IMHO, ALL LT1 B- & D-cars should've come with 3.42 or 3.73.
Speaking of drivetrain improvements, tow-prepped 4L60Es were rebuilt far less often than 4L60Es from Roadmasters, Caprices, & Impalas SS.

The V4P's pcm is an unsung hero.
GM's decision not to equip the Cadillac Fleetwood V4P with driver access to a separate 'Tow/Haul' mode meant that the V4P shift strategy cost a 2MpG CAFE penalty compared to other LT1 B-cars in both city & highway, in exchange for always being ready to tow 7000lbs.

Most people don't know that V4P's line pressures are also unique. Most pcm reprogrammers have been making use of V4P and/or 9C1 line pressures since the early 2000s.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just found another one of these today at a local junk yard. a 96 one white with tan interior. with 342 gears Bob you still need a rear end. They will take it out for you,

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
Woah!

Thanks for the lookout! I'll call you for deets. Tan inside pieces for mine too yum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts