Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had my heater core replaced and when i started the car up i can hear as hiss coming from the climate controls.... i pulled the dash and found a black hose with a nozzle on the end hanging loose.... this is were the noise is coming from but i could not tell where it is suppose to be hooked up cwm3cwm3cwm3

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
"A picture is worth a thousand words."

... and might give us a hint about the 'black hose with a nozzle'...

·
Registered
934 Posts
am going to the junk yard tommrow theres a 94 and 95 show a pic and i can get it for you

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
There may be a couple of black hoses. The hose coming in through the firewall goes to a 4 way connector on the front of the airbox. There is one between the 4 way incoming connector, and the vacuum tank on the top of the AC unit. There may be another to a vacuum motor, or more than one vacuum motor.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There may be a couple of black hoses. The hose coming in through the firewall goes to a 4 way connector on the front of the airbox. There is one between the 4 way incoming connector, and the vacuum tank on the top of the AC unit. There may be another to a vacuum motor, or more than one vacuum motor.
ok i will look at it tomorrow i see all the other vac lines that go to the climate controls and there all hooked up ... this hose must control those hoses

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok i will look at it tomorrow i see all the other vac lines that go to the climate controls and there all hooked up ... this hose must control those hoses
i couldnt get a pic but the black hose i am talking about there is only 1 and it comes through the firewall it is a hard plastic hose and has a coupler that transfers it to a soft rubber hose with a right angle coupler but i dont see what it is suppose to connect to... i can see all the other hoses that go to the climate controls...

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
The "nozzle" may be a broken part. Look at the hard plastic parts to see if there is anything broken. It should hook to a 4 way manifold on the front of the AC box,

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
"A picture is worth a thousand words."

... and might give us a hint about the 'black hose with a nozzle'....
Okay. You owe me. It's 12 degrees in my garage, but to help you out I un-assembled part of my dash and then pulled my 'spare' HVAC cluster down off a rack to take this labled photo. The 'hard black tube from the firewall' is labeled, and my finger is pointing to where it connects (next to the pink tube). The pic is taken looking at the HVAC box the way it sits in the car, from the back seat.

[/URL][/IMG]

HTH.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay. You owe me. It's 12 degrees in my garage, but to help you out I un-assembled part of my dash and then pulled my 'spare' HVAC cluster down off a rack to take this labled photo. The 'hard black tube from the firewall' is labeled, and my finger is pointing to where it connects (next to the pink tube). The pic is taken looking at the HVAC box the way it sits in the car, from the back seat.

[/URL][/IMG]

HTH.
THANKS A MILLION.... it's -15 degrees here and i was upside down and still couldnt find it thanks again!!!!!!!:):):):)
once again thanks dude!!!

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
NP. And you don't owe me. All I ask is that you pay it forward. Sometime in the future please help someone for no other reason than.because you can.

Hope.you get some heat going.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
NP. And you don't owe me. All I ask is that you pay it forward. Sometime in the future please help someone for no other reason than.because you can.

Hope.you get some heat going.
ok i can see the purple hose but it looks like to re-attach this black hose it looks like i have to remove the dash pad unless all this stuff drops down cause i cant even get my hand up there

·
Registered
9,004 Posts
It's 20 degrees colder than a witch'es tit in my garage, but here's a suggestion (along with a strong flashlight) to save you ripping your dash apart:

I bought all the cheap-ass yellow handled ones at HF 10 year ago for like $20. Probably paid for themselves oh 'bout 50 times since then.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's 20 degrees colder than a witch'es tit in my garage, but here's a suggestion (along with a strong flashlight) to save you ripping your dash apart:

I bought all the cheap-ass yellow handled ones at HF 10 year ago for like $20. Probably paid for themselves oh 'bout 50 times since then.
yea i am gonna get some tomorrow but there must be something else i need to remove first cause i can see the purple hose headed to the top of the dash but i cant see where it plugs in... thanks for the tool help i saw a metal bar that goes across the bottom of the ac unit maybe if i disconnect the ac unit will drop down a bit.... thanks headed to HF

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

i went to get the tools but thought i still couldnt grt to get so i pulled the dash pad and the air bag and BAM it was right there!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.