Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another question...

Anyone know where this vacuum line goes? I’m putting the heater box back together. This flopped down, I’ve looked all over, pulled the ashtray etc.

Can’t find where it goes...

Thanks all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If this helps, it comes from a harness in the engine bay, it’s hard black plastic. I think it might go up to the top of the engine.

Inside it goes to a connector, and then to amore flexible line with the end that you see.

Could this just be a vent?

Thanks again

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Suspect it goes to the vacuum harness that goes to the HVAC selector part of the HVAC controls.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply 1slow96. I figured it out. It’s the main vacuum line going into the vacuum tank. #66 in this diagram:

That connection got pulled out when I was wrangling the heater box bottom into place. That piece is so far up I could barely see it, much less reach it.

I used a inspection scope to see it. Then I used a screw grabber to position the fitting on the end of the orifice. Then I let it go and finally used a long screwdriver to push it into place. WOW!

I thought I was going to have to pull the dash. My heater controls now work, and they didn’t before I put this back in.

I think it’s time to put away my tools haha.

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
Ocala Said "That connection got pulled out when I was wrangling the heater box bottom into place. That piece is so far up I could barely see it, much less reach it.

I could have sent my Urologist to reach it. >:) Hit my gag reflex.

That book sure helps, glad you got it squared away.

Mark:Snowman-33

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Knowing when to quit,and declare victory is part of the B-Body game.

·
Banned
3,437 Posts
over 10 yrs ago I did remove the dash top cover not a hard job.. reason I did it was , I had to dye the dash cover . was turning brownish .. used water based light gray UV resistant DYE..
I did check out the wiring and those vacuum lines when I removed the dash cover .. did cleaning and some wire/hose protections..

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
over 10 yrs ago I did remove the dash top cover not a hard job.. reason I did it was , I had to dye the dash cover . was turning brownish .. used water based light gray UV resistant DYE..
I did check out the wiring and those vacuum lines when I removed the dash cover .. did cleaning and some wire/hose protections..
Yeah I refer doing that with my Impala. I covered mine with vinyl though. It already had cracks in it, I could have filled and sanded it, but the vinyl looks pretty good.

That said, I wouldn't want to pull the dash just to replace that vacuum line. I lucked out on that one.

·
Banned
3,437 Posts
Yeah I refer doing that with my Impala. I covered mine with vinyl though. It already had cracks in it, I could have filled and sanded it, but the vinyl looks pretty good.

That said, I wouldn't want to pull the dash just to replace that vacuum line. I lucked out on that one.
I lucked out no dash cracks .. I also have 84 camaro dash has no cracks .. have used the vinyl armor all protection ..

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I lucked out no dash cracks .. I also have 84 camaro dash has no cracks .. have used the vinyl armor all protection ..

I never used the armor all, but apparently it works really good for some people.

Having a garaged vehicle in a northern state probably doesn’t hurt either haha.

·
Banned
3,437 Posts
I never used the armor all, but apparently it works really good for some people.

Having a garaged vehicle in a northern state probably doesn’t hurt either haha.

I can sell that dash cover on 84 camaro for $800..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts