Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends I really think I am on the road to recovery regarding my heat issues. Having replaced the heater core, thermostat, New BeCool radiator and the system bled there was no heat. While waiting for a new HVAC controller I decided this morning to removed the plastic cover under the front passenger wheel well to inspect the "vacuum tank".

Not long ago I had RMP Motorsports return my engine to a natural aspirated engine vs turbo. I recall them telling me they had to find a vacuum leak before they could dyno the new engine.

Long story short is I found two line ends that were not connected to anything? Can't see where they go neither? I just took a picture of the canister out of the vehicle and circled the two ends in red.

I am a very visual learner and of course there is no diagram in the FSMs. Does anyone know exactly where these connect to? If so does any one have any pictures?

I am praying this is why the heater blend door is not opening!

Most thankful
Larry

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
My bumpers off so here's a few pics.

Unfortunately I don't think they connect to anything, unless I removed it myself and can't remember.

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1476635505.507376.jpg
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1476635524.595076.jpg
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1476635546.434046.jpg

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
Just cheap insurance against line becoming obstructed...

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
Check the line/check-valve from rear of intake that goes to HVAC controls. It can easily become broken,cracked,or otherwise compromised...

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
Sorry to tel you this, but that canister has nothing to do with your heat issues. That there is your charcoal canister for fuel vapors and is part of the emissions system.

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/34-engine-problems-maintenance/1286562-vapor-charcoal-canister-location-hose-replacement.html

That line coming off the canister with the tee on it connects to nothing. It just vents the system to the atmosphere and is normally found just laying up in the fender well or behind the headlight area.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yep. The only connection between the Fuel vacuum canister and the heating system would be some leak in the vacuum system that might keep the controls from working (baffles and such). But that would also impact the engine running well. "T" is normal and both hoses end at open connections ... which always fascinated me ... no filter for dust, moisture, or bugs. Got me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts