Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a real good reason to disable VATS? besides not replacing the lock cylinder.... and risk having your car stolen..

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
The only reason I can think of is if your system is acting up and you are worried about it leaving you standed.

The only real way to disable it is through programming , AND module bypass

Mine still is there, even after the LS swap

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Careful, just like talking about springs this subject will awaken the doomsayers to tell you all about the tremendous pain and suffering that deleting VATS will unleash upon you, your insurance and your family.

I hate the setup that can leave you stranded. I once replaced THREE cylinders in an attempt to keep it on a former wagon, each one made it a month before the wiring failed. Finally said F it and did the resistor mod and had no more problems. As far as I know the wagon has still never been stolen or used to kill anyone and it's been at least 10 years.

Bought my current wagon in 2017 and it came with the light on due to a fault. This time I bypassed the system and tuned it out of the PCM. 3 years now and the car has not been stolen.

There are plenty of ways to disable the car without VATS and GPS trackers are so cheap it's stupid not to have one anyways.

Some folks love the setup and that's fine. My problems with it date back to 1996 when I had a Trans Am at the dealership for a week before they figured out the problem. Picked the car up and the light came back on but car started/ran so I just pulled the fu&^%ing bulb.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
GPS trackers are so cheap it's stupid not to have one anyways.
Since you have personal experience with the GPS trackers please start a thread on them. I have not thought the monthly payment to the cell company was worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts