Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

So i have a 05 Impala 9C1 Base version, meaning i have the cassette version head unit. But it was ok, since a set up an adapter for the unit to accept iPod/Aux inputs.

Few weeks ago, in one of those rare occasions where I was listening to the radio, it just went dead on me, or so i though... What really happened is that the sound was very-very low, i have to put the sound bar to max so I can barely hear anything. The radio do tune to the stations but the sound it's extremely slow! and the condition only affects the FM band, AM band sound ok, so are iPod/Aux inputs, they both sound good. Only FM band doesn't.

I've already checked/replace the antenna module, who's integrated to the rear windshield and although when manipulating the module the sound somehow start to come out it ends up with no change at all.

So what do you guys think?! I haven't try any aftermarket antenna; I had one laying around, but the connector wasn't right. Whats the spec on the diameter of the antenna connector in the back of the head unit?!

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
So... No replies?!
Anyone!?
This Forum is geared toward the 1991-1996 vehicles. You may want to try and find a Forum Site that is more dedicated to your 2005 vehicle. maybe someone with the same vintage car could help answer your questions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts