Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Very nice DCM 95 SS on Ebay STILL AVAILABLE 9/23

Not mine, but I just personally inspected and test-drove one of the NICEST '95 DCM Impalas I have ever come across, and it's on Ebay right now, ending Friday 9/17 around 10:15am. 160479348723 This car is one-owner for all of its life in southern Delaware, garaged all of its life, all stock, and absolutely incredible. No paint issues, no carpet wear, no steering wheel wear, no seat wear, no door panel wear, no rust, no bodywork, no hack maintenance, nothing. This car is basically showroom new. I took it for a drive, it drives perfect, tracks straight and tight, brakes are good, heat/ac works, radio works, seats/mirrors windows all work. Honestly I don't know how there's 91,000 miles on it, as it feels like half the miles. I looked at the whole undercarriage on the lift, and it's as clean as a Texas car. Even the exhaust manifold to cat studs are still hexagonal. The only mod it has is one of those old '96 vintage cell phone setups screwed to the center console and a phone amp tucked in the trunk under the carpet next to the spare tire. More pictures here. The pictures honestly do not do this car justice.

The ONLY things it needs:
Water pump (was dripping while we had it on the lift) - edit - REPLACED
Tires are old but still have tread
RR window needs rollers. - edit - FIXED
Only other caveat is that the rims look like they have water spots on them but the clearcoat is nice and thick still.

The dealership owner bought it a year or so ago and had it parked in the showroom for awhile. It got kicked out by a '57 Nash Metropolitan and was then moved to the owner's personal 7-bay garage (which was quite the building, and we inspected the car on that garage's lift!). Anyway, they know the bottom has dropped out on the Impala market and they're looking to move it. It has been sitting in the showroom or in the owner's climate controlled garage for the last 12+ months. Reserve is $7000. If you want it, I strongly urge you to call the dealer and make an offer now, or snipe it on Ebay. Call the manager Bob at 302-856-1827, and tell him Joel sent you.

Why am I listing this, you ask? Was looking for one for my dad but looks like he'll be out of the market for awhile.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Nice write up, i'm looking for my next 95DCM, wanted about half or lower on mileage though. But this does look very clean from Texas.

Did you notice the plastic around the steering wheel? looks seperated in these pics, maybe its my eyes.

·
Super Moderator
8,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This car was perfect in almost every way. I'd put this up against a 50k miler any day of the week. Steering wheel is fine. Outside, literally there were maybe 5 small dents on the car in total. Maybe 12 rock chips in total. It's that nice. The floor pans and bottom of the body are completely rust free. Those pictures are terrible, and I told the manager so. I'm going to stop talking about this car now otherwise I'll sound like a shill.

·
Super Moderator
8,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Somebody got a DEAL. I thought about buying it myself but I've forgotten what a bone-stock Caprice/Impala feels like. It was super-smooth, super quiet, and it didn't feel quick compared to my 9C1. I really like my 9C1, it isn't mint like this car but I don't mind parking my 9C1 at the mall or getting caught in the rain. If I had bought this car I would be paranoid.

·
Super Moderator
8,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still For Sale 9/23/10

UPDATE - Just got off the phone with Bob (the manager) because I was curious what type of person bought it. Turns out the car is STILL for sale as of 9/23/10 after the buyer flaked out. The window roller issue has been fixed and the water pump has been replaced. I would drive this car to Alaska except that it would get dirty.

If you want it, call Bob at 302-856-1827, and tell him Joel sent you. Located in Georgetown, DE on Rt 113. The car is being stored in the owner's personal garage so you need to call ahead to arrange to see it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts