Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

Well i am planning on doing a screen install in my car. I do not want to buy a screen that flips out. I have rather decided to have a screen implanted into the dash and bondoed. I am Going to of Course have to move the A/C Controls now. I want to move them to where the passenger A/C vent isand have them do in a downward direction. I need to know if there is any metal behind those panels. I will cut through them and block off the vent with no problem. I have no other room to integrate anything else and I thought that it would be aweome to be custom. I am going to flush mount it in the dash after I take the display apart. I am just concerned before I start the project to know of any problems people have had and if anybody else has done what I am attempting. I appreciate all your help. Also what about the legal ramifications in NY for having it playing while i'm driving. I am also gonna hook up a rear view camera to one of the inputs. Thanks

Sean

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i'm goin to do the same setup with the screen in the dash.no they is no metal to cut.if u use a 5inch screen it will fit in the radio section just right,use a 7.2 u will have to take out the radio and the ac part

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm imagining doing the same thing, however there are a couple double-din touch screen radios out now that play DVD/MP3/CD and it would be a simple stock replacement type install. The down side about them is that they are quite pricy right now. I want to do the whole in dash monitor too, but then i have to relocate the radio, most likely putting it in a Riviera console on the floor. But down here in Houston it's too hot for me to mess with the A/C. Best of luck to you guys with the install though and if you do it that way please post pics. If you wanted to price on the radios that I was tell you about just got to Car Toys

1 - 3 of 3 Posts