1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
90 Posts
Mine had an aftermarket top that extends onto the doors(not a brougham), but was removed. No leaks before and I welded up all the holes, still no leaks.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Leakage is not common. If that car really has only 15,000 miles on it then you found a great prospect. If $9,500 is the price it's maybe fair considering combination of freight/customs and such, especially with the low mileage.

The fender vents is a Buick styling cue, so either intriguing or infuriating depending on your perspective.

Nice looking ride. Let us know if you snag it.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I drove a 77 Olds Ninety Eight when it was 30 years old, the vinyl looked fine, I didn't see any cracks - so I doubt it leaked. If the roof of that car is in as good shape as the rest of the rest of the car appears, I doubt you will have any problems.
I assume those cars are rare over there, so the price is probably subjective.

Google translation of ad:
Very nice specimens of the last true rear-wheel drive Cadillac.
Perfect as smooth summer glider or toughest winter car.

Not rust, genuine californiabil from beverly hills.
New tires for supreme wheels, also included with the original.
AC cools like a blizzard. New Optima redtop battery. Reged for 6 people.

Brougham package
vinyl roof
Niovägs elstolar with memory and seat heating
Helsoffa forward
Storage compartment in the rear center armrest and front

3500kg Towing Package
Larger radiator and fan
Rear air suspension, works
Extra engine oil cooler
larger automatlådekylare
140A alternator
LT1 Corvette engine 268hp/447Nm
HD 4L60E automatic transmission

The rest of the pictures will tell.
The car is cheaper at quick business.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
That car looks to be in very good shape. I would imagine you don't see those in Sweden often. So if the condition and price are right, I would not let a vinyl top be the deal breaker.

Tom C.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the answers! I will of course let you know if I buy it. Btw the fender vents, are they real or fake?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks for the answers! I will of course let you know if I buy it. Btw the fender vents, are they real or fake?
Fake, they are stick on. You could remove them with apiece of fishing line, and some adhesive remover. That would be the first thing I would do.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fake, they are stick on. You could remove them with apiece of fishing line, and some adhesive remover. That would be the first thing I would do.
So it´s a previous owner who put them there? I can´t imagine the factory put fake fender vents on? Or??

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The car was sold the first day!! I really hate it when they dont remove the add:(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts