Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case anyone else ever need the clips for the vinyl trim that goes around the back window from side to side of the C pillar the both part #'s are #10188888 for the 8 clips that go above the trunk area(push-in) and the #20742994 are also 8 clips which are 4 on each side of the car. these clips are small and white about an inch long(slides on the nail head).

I read it on another post that I found through a search but it was almost impossible to find that post......

I've read many posts from people asking for these clips I myself thought that only one of the clips was available I even went to the dealer and they only showed one of the clips which was the slide on type.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thank you! I just had to R&R that trim. Previous owner had used silicone sealer to put the trim back on.

Now I can put it back together right.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You must be referring to these holes (not the ones for the applique though, right?)

There'll be a total 18 of them darling holes to fill for a full delete.

I'm on a roll now;
There's the chintzy hollow formed tube fillers that replace the bondo in the roof ditch

And now here's the obligatory 'Before';

And the 'After;
Ooooooooooooo........... :cool:

ahhhhhhhhhhhh........... :D

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by DBeaSSt:
Thank you! I just had to R&R that trim. Previous owner had used silicone sealer to put the trim back on.

Now I can put it back together right.
I had to use silicone on my trim piece clips as well.
But in my case it was due to water coming in through the holes the clips use. :mad:
Be careful, the previous owner may have used silicone for the same purpose.
I've read about several other FW owners who had the same problem as I had, water entering through the holes and into the passenger side trunk area.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by ocjmakaveli:
In case anyone else ever need the clips for the vinyl trim that goes around the back window from side to side of the C pillar the both part #'s are #10188888 for the 8 clips that go above the trunk area(push-in) and the #20742994 are also 8 clips which are 4 on each side of the car. these clips are small and white about an inch long(slides on the nail head).

I read it on another post that I found through a search but it was almost impossible to find that post......

I've read many posts from people asking for these clips I myself thought that only one of the clips was available I even went to the dealer and they only showed one of the clips which was the slide on type.
Where did you buy them at? I need the small clips that hold the rear window trim.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by BCs71:
I had to use silicone on my trim piece clips as well.
But in my case it was due to water coming in through the holes the clips use. :mad:
Be careful, the previous owner may have used silicone for the same purpose.
I've read about several other FW owners who had the same problem as I had, water entering through the holes and into the passenger side trunk area.
That's actually why I had to remove the trim. But got it all sealed up. No more leaks! :D Now just gotta get that little trim back on. Thanks for the warning though!
Mike

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i need the trim and clips my clips were bad so i renoved the trim and it got crushed in my trunk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts