Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a Viper Model #5701 installed in my 94 RMS. I have an issue where it will not start or lock or un-lock the vehicle. I was told that the system could be possibly not reading the remotes, the remotes losing there programing, or a bad antenna. One remote is a two-way and one is a 1-way. The 2-way stopped working in the spring & I was stuck with the 1-way. I replaced battery in the 2-way when 1-way quit working & replace battery in the 1-way at same time. The 2-way started working again with no problems till yesterday. The 1-way does not seem to work at all.
Anybody know how to fix this problem or can point in the right direction???
The system is about a year old or just over. I did all the wiring myself, but had to have the module calibrated to make work.
If I had an install issue it would happen all the time not just when it wants to.
Help me if you can. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I can tell you some (alot) of the 5701 were recalled for bad brains. Classic sympton of what your saying

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A week or so after posting this it started working again. It seems to go through batterys for the 2-way remote evry couple weeks. Just replaced them again on wed with a different brand sold by an installer. It seems to be working great so far. We will see how long these last or this works for. It seems like a crap system. But when it works it works great. Don't have to many choices for remote starts & alarm systems. They are all just about made by the same manufacturer. Directed Electronics.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
call DEI and see if yours falls under the recall.

They are the best! Just a few have had some problems

1 - 7 of 7 Posts