Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I kind of regret doing this alarm...slightly..I can't stand to have anyone else touch my car so if it wasn't me installing there wouldn't be an alarm. I got everything hooked up where I think it should be (reassuring, I know). I installed the alarm/remote start and a xk06 module to retain the vats. My car turns on but won't start (just clicks). Nothing on the alarm works except the trunk release. The xk06 light comes on but doesn't learn the key (flashes when I plug it in, lights when I hold the button but when I turn over key it doesn't flash like its supposed to.) The control module (?? I think thats what its called, its the antennae and light and button) doesn't light up at all. Any Ideas??? Thanks guys

·
Registered
909 Posts
I'll ask squatted94 to respond, he installed the same alarm on my caprice.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jet, I got it now though. It was my xk module. Change a little bit of the wiring around and its workin great now. Love the alarm so far. Haven't had a chance to test distance or sensitivity yet (I try my best not to harass the neighbors).

·
Registered
909 Posts
Already I love it, plug in like a cell phone, no batts!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
i was checking out this alarm on ebay. i knwo viper clifford and avital are all made by the same company... but my question is, why does the viper 5901 have 2 different transmitters. are both of these needed to carry? seems bulky in the pocket

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No only one is needed. They're just too cheap to give u 2 lcd remotes. If I remember correctly the non lcd remote is still 2 way. Someone on here in another post said that they are coming out with a new version soon that has a color lcd. I like this one though, the remote has like 8 different backlight colors to choose from.

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
do you have the wiring diagram, because i just bought it off ebay for my 96 impala ss.
pm me your email and I can send you the PDF of the manual.

Not sure on the distance but I know the 1090 that I have sucks and I am going to ditch it for the new version 1091 or the viper 5902. But 5901 I heard is a great alarm.

·
Registered
210 Posts
pm me your email and I can send you the PDF of the manual.

Not sure on the distance but I know the 1090 that I have sucks and I am going to ditch it for the new version 1091 or the viper 5902. But 5901 I heard is a great alarm.
Can I get this info too, I bought that alarm about a year ago at the same time I bought my car and never installed it. Im on this whole do it myself thing. Thanks oh and your car is too clean.

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Can I get this info too, I bought that alarm about a year ago at the same time I bought my car and never installed it. Im on this whole do it myself thing. Thanks oh and your car is too clean.
Thanks man, it is a ten footer j/k, I sent you the guide to your email, let me know that you got it ok.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You'll also need a seperate piece if you want to retain the vats...honestly though the starter kill within the alarm and the fact u have the alarm should be enough unless your a little on the anal side. I also did a battery backup and seperate siren with battery backup. When my caprice was stolen they pulled the wire to the siren so my lights were flashing but no siren. Now if they pull the wire with out setting off the alarm this siren goes off automatically or if the battery is disconnected.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
"here's the link for the DEI Viper 5901/Clifford 50.7x Installation Guide to follow along:
http://www.directeddealers.com/manua...2008_08web.pdf "

I just picked up a Clifford 5702 and it's supposed to be similar to this. It did not come with any instructions other than a measly reference guide.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Dont even get me started on my Viper alarm...

Its a great alarm, if it was installed correctly.

Honest to god, I have spent 32 hours in the alarm shop trying to get it working correctly.

And right now, I cant get my remote start to stay started. I tapped into the a13 off the pcm, when the alarm shop used the #3 cylinder injector.

I have no options on my remote because the lazy pendejos, well are dumbasses, so I only have arm, unlock and start.

----edit. I have tried getting a refund, but thats a no go. They will only offer to fix the problem.
Also the starting issue has been giving me problems for the past month. It will run for a couple seconds then try restarting and restarting....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts