Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there is a Viper Alarm system vendor or someone I can have fix my alarm. My remote has trouble deactivating the alarm, but all the other buttons work fine.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What about you other remote..Don't you have two? If you have to replace your remote I was told that I would get two new ones. Here's a link to the company that makes viper.

Viper

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know what kind of Viper alarm it is? Do you have the installation manual? Does it have remote start too? About how old? Is the LED on the remote red or green?

Here are your options:

--Go to any Directed Electronics dealer (Best Buy, Circuit City, and many others) and buy a remote and have them program it to the car for you. They'll charge full retail, of course.

--Go to www.remotesunlimited.com, type in the FCC ID from the back of your remote, and buy a remote from them. They have a good selection, but they're not cheap.

--Buy a used one on eBay. You'll need the installation manual for the alarm to program it yourself. You'll also need to know where the alarm's valet switch is.

--Re-program the remote you have to work differently. You can program the different buttons to work any way you want. Just skip over the bad "unlock" button, and choose another button instead.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts