Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The look of these springs concerned me a bit when I was changing brake pads the other night.
I don't think the car sits funny or anything, I still need to take some measurements.

This was with the rear jacked up in my garage, don't know if that would put this much stress on the springs though.

Driver side:

Passenger side:

Does the compression at the bottom look to be a concern to anyone?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is it safe to assume that you have the car jacked up by the rear diff? If so, then that spring compression is normal.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, that was jacked up by the rear differential.
I wasn't sure if it compressed like that because of the jack or not. Better safe than sorry.
Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by xr72z:
Why are my Vogtlands black?
Because they were powdercoated that way?

Sorry for the dumbass answer.

Dunno, guess vogtland decided they would do two colors. Mine are purple just like in that pic. I would prefer black tho.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Vogtland makes the same springs for Hotchkis, so I'd think maybe you just have the Hotchkis black powdercoat on them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't give a good answer on the color... the first shippment I got was purple... the next was black... then purple again. Now the new batch I just got are black again!!

I spoke to Vogtland and they didn't even have a good answer for me... it could be that when they do a batch for Hotchkis they do extra... then sell them to me :rolleyes:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Spartus.:
Vogtland makes the same springs for Hotchkis, so I'd think maybe you just have the Hotchkis black powdercoat on them.
My Hotchkis springs from a couple years back are blue.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by Rustic:
I can't give a good answer on the color... the first shippment I got was purple... the next was black... then purple again. Now the new batch I just got are black again!!

I spoke to Vogtland and they didn't even have a good answer for me... it could be that when they do a batch for Hotchkis they do extra... then sell them to me :rolleyes:
Thanks for the reply!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How do you guys like these vogland springs? Im about to buy some, Ive heard vogland are pretty good. ANy complaints?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by HuSSker:
No complaints here! I like the way they perform, and the stance it gives the car.
+1
Great springs. I think the car rides better than stock, and I can haul ass around on-ramps now.

The slight rake looks awesome too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by White93ltz:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by HuSSker:
No complaints here! I like the way they perform, and the stance it gives the car.
+1
Great springs. I think the car rides better than stock, and I can haul ass around on-ramps now.

The slight rake looks awesome too.
</font>[/QUOTE]+2 I think mine ride & handle better than any car Ive ever owned!!!I love em and mine are on a Wagon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I love my Vogtlands, the car sits perfect IMO, perfect stance and ride height.
I went from a little corner-carving Acura Integra GSR to this car, with the Vogtlands the SS would outhandle my old GSR, they're hard to beat.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hello all, I was doing a search under Vogtland, and found this thread among others, I wanted to comment on the reason why the springs have come in Violet and Black powdercoat, Vogtland in Germany ran two different batches a while ago, and in those batches were the black powdered springs and violet springs, for some reason whoever packed them in Germany did not stick to the same colors. These springs are not Hotchkis springs, there color is blue...so just to rest anyones questions they are the same exact springs we just had two seperate batches of colors.
I am sorry if it was any inconvenience at all.

Have a good day!!!

-Leila Flores

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.