Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i want to get some springs, and im pretty sure I want these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7905462114&category=33582

I also know that some people have them. Now that you certain people have some miles on them, what do you think??? I will be going from stock (sagging) SS springs to these, and my SS is daily driven. Is there any reason I should stay away from these??? Are they horrible?? Are they great??? I want to hear any and all opinions on these springs. Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've had mine for a little while now. I'm happy. Haven't had any problems with them, other than speed bumps and steep inclines (which I had problems with anyway). Ride is nice (not to harsh), and the car handles better. Check out my post when I first got them on here. There's a link to some pictures. I also did the ZQ8 bumpstops, and they are definitely worth the price I paid.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did it lower your car any??? The ebay listing says its a 1.5" drop, but Im pretty sure that when I put these in, i wont notice a dramatic drop because my springs are pretty worn out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They did lower my car. I can't say for sure how much, but it is lower. I mean, you can see in the pictures. How many fingers can you get between your tire and your fender now?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the pictures the car does look pretty low. I would say I have about a 2 finger gap in front now. The back is a different story. Sometimes it likes to sit high, sometimes it looks like its tucking in the rims. I dont know whats going on with that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you park on a perfectly level ground, how does the rear look? Is your suspension all stock? I think you'd be happy with the vogtlands.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by My95Imp:
In the pictures the car does look pretty low. I would say I have about a 2 finger gap in front now. The back is a different story. Sometimes it likes to sit high, sometimes it looks like its tucking in the rims. I dont know whats going on with that.
I get the same thing with my car. On what looks to me like nearly level ground, one side of the car will look like it's jacked up (I can actually see the frame above the top of the tire), while the other side looks normal. Move the car to a different spot, and it sits level. In my driveway, the driver's side is high, and the passenger side tucks. It seems like it's always the driver's side that rises (or maybe it's compensating for the passenger side sagging). I'm hoping that new shocks take care of this ... Anyone know what's going on with it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didnt have the vogtlands but did have the hotchkis. and according to my other post awhile back about them being the same spring, the hotchkis springs lowered the car dramatically. I was damn near tucking in the front but there wasnt any rubbing issues at all. the picture in my sig is before it settled down a little more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.