Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister just replaced her Monsoon 2003 VW Jetta CD head unit with a pioneer head unit.

My question is, Will this radio connect to my 1992 Custom Cruisers? I told my sister to bring it home to I Could measure the dimensions.

Does every car have a differnt conector in the back? Are these connectors easily changable?

I hope it fits in the wagon. Having a CD player in it would be nice. :D

Thanks!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You'll have to make up a couple of custom connectors. And good luck getting it to mount in there.

Honestly, you'd be better off selling the VW radio on E-bay and putting the $$$ towards a decent aftermarket head unit.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Modern stock headunits work in crazy ways. I also think it'd be alot smarter to sell it and get an aftermarket deck with an install kit. Just basic CD decks can be had dirt cheap these days.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SELL IT! VW head units suck for reliability, e-bay it while it still works. Plus they light up a blue color that wouldn't match stock backlighting. Your sister might wanna keep it anyway, most VW garages wouln't hook up any diagnostic equiptment because it can short them out(eg 1551,5051, and 5052) if ya got a aftermarket head unit.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well there goes the idea of putting it in the car. Dam. I thought I was going to have a freeo deal going.

How much do you think I could sell it for on ebay?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
new I think they are in the upper 300's. Most are still under warranty so i wouldn't know what to tell ya on the price to ask.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The car only had 5500 miles on it when it was taken out. Does anyone know if the radio has a theft lock system in it?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It does, you'll need to know the SAFE code, a 4 digit nuber that is toggled through with the first 4 station presets and then set by holding the seek up button.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok. This VW radio is not worth me keeping it. How much do you think it is worth? The car had around 5k on it when it was removed. Its the Monsoon VW Cas. CD.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts