Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bit the bullet and bought a set of cross drilled and slotted rotors on ebay a few weeks ago. They finally arrived today. I snapped a few pics.

Front...

Rear...

Here's a link from ebay incase anyone's interested: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8036837778

I also dropped off my new calipers at Keith's (Heavyevy) house today for some red powdercoating :cool:

I also bought ATE Super Blue racing brake fluid, new front pads, new rear pads, new outer/inner bearings, now I just have to wait for Earl's brake lines to come in from the GP and pick up a set of rear calipers. This should be serious stopping machine :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
RICE! I told you to get the slotted only! GOD!

Just kiddin. Good luck homeboy! :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice!!! Why not powder coat the hubs on the rotors. Would make them look extra sweet. You will like it trust me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL!! Thanks, Sokol

Originally posted by I got 2:
Nice!!! Why not powder coat the hubs on the rotors. Would make them look extra sweet. You will like it trust me.
Nah...you won't be able to see it anyway

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lenny you'll have those things cracked in no time.

Remember those things look directional.

Last time I checked you don't want any paint or pc on the mounting surface for the wheel

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The price certainly can't be beat - please keep us updated on the longevity of these rotors.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Buffman:
Lenny you'll have those things cracked in no time.
Oh well. I did a lot of research and for $139 for all 4 rotors I had to experiment for my self.

I'll keep you guys posted on how these suckers hold up

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hear alot about cross drilled rotors cracking but has anybody in the B-Body community actually had this happen to them? I have cross drilled rotor and have had them on for about 4yrs. now and I don't have any cracks. I think you will get warpage before you crack them, which I believe I have on mine anyway. If I were to do it again I would just get the slotted rotors.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Mags94:
I hear alot about cross drilled rotors cracking but has anybody in the B-Body community actually had this happen to them? I have cross drilled rotor and have had them on for about 4yrs. now and I don't have any cracks. I think you will get warpage before you crack them, which I believe I have on mine anyway. If I were to do it again I would just get the slotted rotors.
Yes, the rotors are cracking on some people. Are these detrimental cracks? I argue not, so long as they are not extending out to the edge of the rotor.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Mags94:
well as even Todd has mentioned it's quite hard to actually warp a rotor on a street car. More or less people are mistaking it for other problems.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very nice. I just got a set too, but I got mine from rotorpros. They're slotted with black hubs. They were $210 shipped.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.