Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2,107 Posts
I have two of the Ford sway bars, 21mm diameter new from Ford. If you are interested, email me. Asking $145
The point of this mod was the ability to get a somewhat inexpensive sway bar for our cars. I bought mine out of a JY for $5 and then put about $35 in clamps and end links. But I thought the Ford bar sold new for about $50?

For anyone that is looking for a new one you can buy the larger 1" Addco aftermarket kit (#650) for the Crown Vic for about $177 on ebay. I think Toomanytoyz put the Addco Crown Vic bar on his wagon. He might be able to chime in on its performance.

· Registered
2,107 Posts
The looked for months in junk yards. There are 3 sizes of bar from Ford. The biggest bar (21mm) came on the Mercury with the rear air bag suspension. It was bigger than the pursuit package bar and think the Maurader. I could not physically verify that as there were no Mauraders in the yards I looked in. I did a bit of looking online and it seem to confirm this.

· Registered
2,107 Posts

· Registered
2,107 Posts
Thanks! Has anyone tried those? Looks like a great deal.:D
Not sure about a great deal, as I payed about $40 into mine all in. The method Fred called out is exactly what I did to find mine (although I used a 20mm wrench). Mine was on a Mercury with rear air suspension. I have looked at a lot of them after I found mine and have never seen another big bar. It seems the 21mm was a pretty rare option.

At $179 you still need a pair of 3" u bolts and may have to modify or get another set of end links. Get the 21mm part number and call your local Ford dealer. They only discontinued them recently.

· Registered
2,107 Posts
And adjusted your rear camber at the same time ;)
You would be proud of me sir I actually used angle finder. I installed those shackle mounts on the axle and measure the angle to the existing axle, then matched it on the "new" axle I also drilled some extra holes so I can move the bushing mount front to back a fair amount. The should be more fun'er when I get the discs on the axle and the 4.56 gears inside. Hoping by June to be installed.

· Registered
2,107 Posts
I am running Impala SS rear springs with Airlift 1000 bags, 4 Bilstein shocks, lowered sedan front springs, Impala SS front sway bar and 21mm Crown Vic bar on the rear. Car tows, handles, drives great any where with any load.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.