Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
2,786 Posts
i asked on the 1st page but never got a reply so ill ask again.if its stupid just say so.has anyone ever put a rear 9c1 bar on the rear of a caprice wagon?

· Premium Member
2,786 Posts
see i have a extra 9c1 bar laying around.figured i could put it to good use if someone could tell me how.
thanks for the info

· Premium Member
2,786 Posts
i just got done installing the factory Marauder sway bar on my wagon.i cant belive how easy it was.looks like it came with it.
parts i used
1( 9.8125r end links energy suspension for both
2(9.5165r sway bar bushing but i only needed the metal brackets not the rubber bushing cause it came on the stock sway bar already
3( sway bar factory Marauder yw7z 5a772 ca
4(2 3 in muffler clamps from advanced auto
all for about $100 bucks.havent drove it yet.will do that later.

· Premium Member
2,786 Posts
hello
i see you put the end link in the slot for the crossbrace, do you have to drill a hole for the endlink to fit, and if so, what size drill bit did you use, and is there enough of the bushing on the top to hold it all in place? (it looks by the pic only one side of the bushing is holding)

i read some drill the existing holes near the cross brace bigger, what size drill bit for that? and is it better to use existing slot, or re drill existing holes?

is it just preference or is one way easier
thanks
i read in this past post that i would have to drill the slot out bigger but i didnt.took me longer to jack the car up and get my tools out.maybe some folks use thicker end links that may require it but not with the part number listed that i used.it doesnt look like from the pic but the bushing fits perfect on top of the channel.drove the car last night..man what a differnce in the way it feels.this is one GREAT mod!

· Premium Member
2,786 Posts

· Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Thank you for quick response, ill order the parts you listed, just have to wait for weather to warm up!

ps, you list 9.5165r bushing, others have listed 9.5157, maybe just new part #?
thanks again
dan
it might be better to go with the 9.5157..becuase the bar i got came with bushing already on it.so the bushing from my kit(9.5165r) didnt fit BUT the brackets did fit the stock bushings like a glove.so i just used the brackets out of the package not the bushings. hope this makes sense.

· Premium Member
2,786 Posts
hello
anybody put a standard or handling package crown vic sway bar on (15 or 17 mm)?
wondering how that felt, might have a line on a 17mm sway bar and end links
thanks
dan
read some of the earlier posts.several folks did that.any sway bar is better than none at all.i am amazed at how much better it handles.

· Premium Member
2,786 Posts
I'm going to give this bar a try... My wgn is *almost* dialed in!!! Yeehaw!!!
Will be one of the best mods you every do on a wagon.:D

· Premium Member
2,786 Posts
I've ordered and have everything for this mod except the Sway Bar. Searching online I was able to find everything including the 22mm SB but two different vendors canceled the order after taking it because they didn't have any in stock. Can someone direct me to a source or maybe you have one you'd like to sell? Thanks in advance for the help.
got mine from kearny pearson ford 7303 clairemont measa san diego ca 92111..part number yw7z-5a772-ca..sorry dont have phone number..think price was about $60 shipped

· Premium Member
2,786 Posts
The point of this mod was the ability to get a somewhat inexpensive sway bar for our cars. I bought mine out of a JY for $5 and then put about $35 in clamps and end links. But I thought the Ford bar sold new for about $50?

For anyone that is looking for a new one you can buy the larger 1" Addco aftermarket kit (#650) for the Crown Vic for about $177 on ebay. I think Toomanytoyz put the Addco Crown Vic bar on his wagon. He might be able to chime in on its performance.
i bought a mercury marauder bar NEW from the dealer for about $70 shipped to my door.its a little thicker than the stock crown vic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.