Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just think this might be a cool topic to start. i know lots of guys like the 20"+ wheels and flashy paint but this is for the older style like 15" smoothies with whites, astro supremes, satin paint... you get my point.

i will start it out with a pic of my wagon

oh and sorry if someone has started this topic as i have never seen it if they did.

·
Registered
11,737 Posts
Skirts are available on ebay. They are really crude, but can be finished nicely with some care.

I see an OCC grille...nice job.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
just think this might be a cool topic to start. i know lots of guys like the 20"+ wheels and flashy paint but this is for the older style like 15" smoothies with whites, astro supremes, satin paint... you get my point.

i will start it out with a pic of my wagon

oh and sorry if someone has started this topic as i have never seen it if they did.
Where did you get your astros? I need a set for my buick! Heres mine with cut whites and color matched van rallyes with ebay bullets. old skool>20's especially when you hit a pothole coming off the freeway

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mine is a custom cruiser grill, i just shaved it. i got the supremes from summit racing, they are 14's and took some grinding to get them on but i had to have the 14's. right now i put my drop spindles back on and im runnin 15" cragar smoothies but i think im gonna go back to the supremes, i hate cleaning then(esp with the skirts) but they look so good.

pats wagon convinced me to get the skirts, im not to happy with the side latches right now, i need to do something else. pat you think you can post a link to your mods you did to yours?

jonw i love that wagon so much, i need to redo my wood but i just had a baby so its on the back burner for now.

capriceutah, did you cut your whites or did you have someone do them, if you had it done please let me know who, thinkin about some steelies with cut whites as big as i can get a reg tire.

here is mine right after i bagged it with steelies

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
mine is a custom cruiser grill, i just shaved it. i got the supremes from summit racing, they are 14's and took some grinding to get them on but i had to have the 14's. right now i put my drop spindles back on and im runnin 15" cragar smoothies but i think im gonna go back to the supremes, i hate cleaning then(esp with the skirts) but they look so good.

pats wagon convinced me to get the skirts, im not to happy with the side latches right now, i need to do something else. pat you think you can post a link to your mods you did to yours?

jonw i love that wagon so much, i need to redo my wood but i just had a baby so its on the back burner for now.

capriceutah, did you cut your whites or did you have someone do them, if you had it done please let me know who, thinkin about some steelies with cut whites as big as i can get a reg tire.

here is mine right after i bagged it with steelies

There is a guy that does it locally for 15 bucks a tire. He has an old skool machine

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
awesome project! my next project is gonna be a late 50's wagon, most likely a ford, i know this is a chevy site but i dont hold one make over another.

some more pics

mine at camp-n-drag last year

next two are the same wagon, after it was painted olive it was hit then fixed and then parted out, kinda sad cause it looked sick

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
awesome project! my next project is gonna be a late 50's wagon, most likely a ford, i know this is a chevy site but i dont hold one make over another.

some more pics

mine at camp-n-drag last year
What size smoothie are these? I was thinking about going 15x7 reverse .

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
oh and watch out cause the chrome is doodoo on them, one winter and mine started to pit and rust, now i always have 0000 steel wool with me and wd-40

im thinkin about gettin some 14" custom ones cause i love the way they look but want a smaller wheel

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.