Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I open the driver's door, it sags enough, that I can't close it without lifting it so the latch lines up with the striker.

When I twist the temp knob fully clockwise, despite using a 180° tstat, restoring the heatercore's foam seal gasket, and backflushing the cooling system thoroughly, air achieves warmth, but not quite heat.

·
Registered
10,919 Posts
Your temp door actuating rod may be the issue.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your temp door actuating rod may be the issue.
For whatever it's worth, when I step on the gas even a little bit I can hear 'something' move around in there, and then when I lift I hear 'something', and then when I brake I hear 'something'.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I myself cannot, but I know a mech who has exactly what you're on about.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With no insult intended, I think I'll use a hinge rebuild kit.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If Dorman 38400 won't work, I'm gonna be looking for hinges again in 2019 …

·
Registered
10,919 Posts
Did you get your blend door fixed? What was the issue?

I can get hinges for you. If you want the door to open wider than the 93-96, get the hinges from a 91 or 92. They all bolt up.

I looked at the Dorman 38400, and it will probably NOT work with the Imp hinges. I am headed to the local junk yard in the next couple of days, and I can pick a pair for you. How much are you looking to pay for them?

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fred Kiehl,

My 95 Caprice 9C1 will be on hiatus for the next 2 weeks. Have not yet figured out what the issue was, although the heat has improved considerably since I back&forth flushed the cooling system several times. It won't be a critical issue before Jan 7th.

As for the hinges, I'm HOPING $45 for both driver's door hinges is fair; not like I know how much they'd be worth new.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Still need hinges?

I can send you a set for $40 shipped.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, y'all, but I got hinges coming.

Gonna try to get my blend door definitively diagnosed in Jan.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Turns out that, even though new[ER] hinges fixed my 1st problem, I now ALSO need …

A driver's door body latch …

1 - 20 of 24 Posts