Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my drivers side cat sounds like a golf ball in the dryer.

I am looking for export pipes!! or a set of bad cats, i could have a shop cut/weld them straight.

make me a deal!

· Registered
165 Posts
Just remove your cats, gut them, reinstall them, and take the material to your local converter guy. I pay $11 a lb. for loose material. Should have a couple lbs worth to sell to your local converter buyer.

· Registered
581 Posts
I'm looking for a set myself. Alot of shops will back away from you like you have the plague when you ask about cutting out the cats, understandably so since the fines are hefty. As far as gutting them, which I'm also considering, I have read that the hollowed case produces an undesirable sound.

· Registered
1,257 Posts
I have gutted cats sitting in my garage with no use from my 94. Give me an offer on them....We can work something out.

· Registered
1,824 Posts
I have read that the hollowed case produces an undesirable sound.
They do. I have done it on a couple cars, and they always sound like sh*t. my 94 9C1, had them gutted, on the stock exhaust. Even then it had an odd hollow tin can 10 times worse than flowmasters sound to it. Which is why I cut the hollow cats off, and welded pipes in. Sounded much better. Pretty much every exhaust setup I have used, sounded better when I cut the cats off. Well, every system except the muffler delete. That is just too much. I can't remember how many sets of "export pipes" I made for my cars, I think around 10 sets. I think I still have a few sets around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.