Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I read about a year ago about this Guy installing one into his dash. Only reason I want an ipad is because he was saying he had integrated his obd11 and could bring up custom gauges (rpm?) Over wifi. And also a back up camera, can anyone shed some light as to how I should go about this? I don't like idea of unloading my pockets for 32gb of memory and no expansion slot.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
So I read about a year ago about this Guy installing one into his dash. Only reason I want an ipad is because he was saying he had integrated his obd11 and could bring up custom gauges (rpm?) Over wifi. And also a back up camera, can anyone shed some light as to how I should go about this? I don't like idea of unloading my pockets for 32gb of memory and no expansion slot.
REV is the app for the OBD1, you just need a BT dongle as it works off Bluetooth (not wifi) they can be hand on ebay for around $15 shipped... As far as the back up camera your probably out of luck as the 30pin dock in the ipod is an video output, how you would create the input for the ipad to display the video is something you would have to do some research on your own...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts